Announcements – February 19, 2021 – Day B/2
February 19, 2021 – Day B/2
Today’s Lunch Menu: Bosco stick, Carrots, Peaches
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR Frudel OR To Go Breakfast
Monday’s lunch: Chicken patty/bun, Green beans, Pears
- Don’t forget that INTO THE WOODS musical auditions start today after school. Auditions will be in the band room. Sign up sheet is next to the door.
- There will be a junior class meeting on Tuesday (2/23), during Warhawk time. The meeting will be in Mrs. Payton’s room.
- Seniors: Please stop in the office to give Mrs. Shreve your measurements (height/weight) for caps and gowns.
- Girls golf sign up in the office.
- Speech Contestants: We will meet on Tuesday during Warhawk time for a group picture and to go over the contest on February 27th.
- Activity Schedule:
- Girls Basketball Regional Semifinal vs West Hancock
- 7:00 in Britt
- We will be starting open gyms for softball starting February 14th. These will run every Sunday from 4:00-5:30. These sessions will include hitting and pitching/catching workouts. While they are not mandatory, they are highly encouraged to attend. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Also, any softball girls who signed up make sure to join the Remind Group – Coach Winfrey sent you an invite.”
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here today, Friday, February 19th to administer testing for next year. This would apply to seniors attending community college next year that do not plan to take the ACT or for juniors wanting to take NIACC Composition next year. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- DRIVERS EDUCATION DATES:
( MONDAY – FRIDAY 8-12 )
June 7th – June 18th
July 6th – July16th
Aug 2nd – Aug 13th
( SATURDAY 8:30 – 2:30)
All sign ups can be done online at DRIVEWISE.CO – Drivers education for free and reduced students can still be done on paper and mailed to 1413 South Lake View Drive in Clear Lake as normal. If students sign up with a friend for the moped safety class they will get a $10 refund at the completion of the full Saturday course.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you!
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful