Announcements – February 4, 2019 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Corn dog, Baked beans, Peaches, Chips, Bread/butter, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuits or biscuits/gravy, Fruit Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Walking taco w/fixings, Doritos, Green beans, Pineapple, Milk
- The next PAC meeting will be on Tuesday morning at 7:30 in the Office conference room.
- Homeroom today: Seniors should report to the choir room and Freshmen should report to the library.
- The Central Iowa Division of the Naval Sea Cadet Corps is holding a new member Informational Open House Wednesday, February 6, 2019, from 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm. This open house will be held at the Barlow Public Library, 921 Washington Ave, Iowa Falls, Iowa. Sea Cadets is a leadership and adventure program for youth ages 10-17 that have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Army, and Air Force. Training is available this summer and one weekend a month throughout the year. For more information, email email@example.com, see http://iowacadets.org or RSVP to the event at Central Iowa Sea Cadets on Facebook.
- Please see Mr. Thompson if you are interested in going out for baseball.
- Freshman girls and boys locker rooms will be locked after school for tonight’s games against North Butler. Good luck against the Bearcats!
- February is the month that West Fork NHS students deliver Meals on Wheels. Please stop in the office to sign up. Thanks!
- It is time to practice for Individual Speech Contest. Sign up for practice times and bring your pieces with introductions attached THIS WEEK!
- Monday, February 18th –School will be in session
On the school calendar this day was designated as a “No School” day.
Since we missed school on August 27 due to the power outage we will
Be making up that day on February 18, 2019.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- There will be a representative from Hawkeye Tuesday, February 5th at 11:30. Please stop by if you have questions!
- There will be a representative from the United States Marine Corps during lunch on Tuesday, February 5th. Please stop by if you have questions.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City. There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
Happy birthday, Maddy Hubka!!