Announcements – January 8, 2019
Today’s lunch menu: BBQ Rib/bun, Baked beans, Peaches, Chips, Milk
Thursday’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuit or biscuit/gravy, Fruit Juice or Milk
Thursday’s lunch menu: Chicken nuggets, Tri tater, Carrots, Pineapple, Bread/butter, Milk
- NIACC books are due now – please make sure that you turn them in. Thanks!!
- Speech kids reminder: We have practice for THE PUPPET MASTER at 6:30 PM on Thursday, January 10th and Sunday, January 13th. Please be on time. Contest is January 19th.
- Wednesday, January 9th – No School
This is a scheduled professional learning day for teachers.
- Monday, February 18th –School will be in session
On the school calendar this day was designated as a “No School” day.
Since we missed school on August 27 due to the power outage we will
Be making up that day on February 18, 2019.
- Jackie Burke will be here on January 14, 2019 at 11:15 to talk to the Junior girls about Girls State. This will be in the computer lab next to the media center.
- #TEAMRAFE T-Shirt order forms are in the office. Thank you for your support, these t-shirts really help Rafe stay positive as he sees all of the support that he has. Order deadline: Friday, January 11th.
- For the students that worked at the Linn Grove Rec (Rockwell Aquatic Center), please pick up your W-2’s at the City Clerk’s Office in Rockwell.
- On January 12, 2019 the Booster Club will be hosting a basketball tournament as their fundraiser for jerseys for all sports . Every athlete is required to sign up to help with the score table or clock. This includes all sports.
- The next ACT Test is scheduled for February 8th. The deadline to register is this Friday, January 11. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following dates and times:
Thursday, January 10th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
Thursday, January 17th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at email@example.com if you are interested!
“If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” –Napoleon Hill