Tuesday, March 10, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Hot dog/bun, Chips, Carrots, Applesauce
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/toast or egg omelet, Fruit
No salad bar, chef salads or croissants
Sign up before 9:45 – either before school or in between 1st block and 2nd block.
- West Fork Schools will be offering a pep bus to the State Basketball game in Des Moines on 3/11. The bus will be made available to students in 6-12th grade and community members. Students under 6th grade must be accompanied by an adult. Cost to ride is $3.00 per person and is due when you sign up. The bus will only run if at least 25 riders sign up by 2:00 today, Tuesday, 3/10.
- Today, March 10 there will be a 2:00 dismissal due to conferences. Conferences are scheduled from 4pm – 8pm.
- No school March 11-13. Classes will resume on Monday, March 16. This day will be a 2:00 dismissal with conferences scheduled from 4pm – 8pm.
- The Masonry Institute of Iowa is holding a high school masonry day in Hampton on Tuesday, March 24th from 9:30 – 1:00 with lunch provided. Please let Mrs. Lillquist know if you are interested in attending.
- Swimming Pool Lifeguards – Applications are now being accepted by the City of Sheffield. Applications are available at Sheffield city hall and online applications are due by Wednesday, March 4th.
- NIACC is once again offering a number of free classes this summer. Classes start in June and the end date depends on the class. These classes are offered on the NIACC campus and spots are limited. Sign up is now open; it is first come, first serve, so the sooner you sign up the better. The following classes are available for credit this summer: Certified Nursing Assistant Course, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Programming, Livestock Evaluation, Introduction to Business, Personal Finance and Principles of Management. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you would like to sign up or have questions.
- There is a job opening for Clear Lake State Park. The Recreational Aide position would be great for anyone that is interested in conservation, likes to work outdoors, or would like to work for the DNR someday. We still hire students that are just looking for a summer job that may not be interested in the parks and conservation field too. Anyone interested should call Joshua Rembe at 641-357-4212 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is setup to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call .
- Lexi Schulte, please turn in your NIACC books from fall semester ASAP or you will need to cover replacement cost!!!
- JUNIORS: The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award is a $10,000 scholarship program for high school juniors. The program identifies up to 15 Iowa students who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. The finalists will receive a $1,500 cash award. Three of the finalists could earn an additional $10,000 scholarship. The deadline is March 15, 2020. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- As a reminder to both students and parents, if you are feeling unwell at school to the point that you think you need to go home, you are to first visit the school nurse who will do an assessment to determine if they should go home or if she feels they should try to stick it out for the rest of the day. We have far too many students texting or calling their parents and getting permission to go home without ever being evaluated. While we certainly don’t want students here who are ill and potentially contagious, a good attendance record is vital to their success here at school. It also helps them develop the work ethic and reliability that future employers will be looking for. Thank you for your cooperation with this. Shelley
Happy belated birthday, Tjaden Dixon 3-8 and Lindsey Eberling 3-10!
Happy birthday, Ali Rice!!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful