Announcements – April 30, 2021 – Day A/5
April 30, 2021 – Day A/5
Today’s Lunch: Walking taco w/fixings, Refried beans, Pineapple
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/cereal OR Frudel
Monday’s lunch: Chicken nuggets, Carrots, Pineapple, Bread/butter
- Upcoming events: 5/7 – Senior Trip
- Musical students please turn your ticket numbers into Mr. Grunklee by the end of the day today.
- Boys and girls track bus for Hampton will depart from the Wellness Center at 3:30.
- Jr. High track bus leaves at 3:10 today.
- A pair of airpods have been turned into the office. If you have lost a pair, stop in.
- West Fork School is pleased to present INTO THE WOODS. Shows are Saturday, May 1st at 7pm and Sunday, May 2nd at 2pm. Both performances are in the West Fork MS/HS north gym. Free will donation at the door for admission. Social distancing will be enforced, as well as a mandatory mask requirement. Hope to see you this weekend for a wonderful evening of music and entertainment!!!
- Franklin General Hospital is searching for colleagues to work in housekeeping, long term care, or of anywhere needed in the hospital. This position would assist filling open needs at FGH and can offer some flexibility to work around your schedule. If you are interested in a field in healthcare, this could be a great opportunity. No current certifications are necessary to apply. If you are interested, please apply at http://frankingeneral.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or go to the FGH website to apply. This is a job opportunity for high school students who are 17 or older.
- The following seniors stop in the office OR email me. Since you missed the senior meeting yesterday : Kayden Ames,
Haley Bachman, Amber Bonjour, Trent Despenas, Kacee Guritz, Tristan Halfpop, Cooper Hanson, Ren Himer, Dominick Jones, Jaylah Obregon
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp for students in grades 9-12. It will be held July 27th and 28th from 9:00 – 4:00 on the NIACC Campus. Cost of the camp is $110 and includes lunch both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope. This is a great opportunity to explore health careers like nursing, EMT, medical assistant, CNA, physical therapist and potentially athletic training. Registration deadline is July 6th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Blood Drive: Lifeserve Blood Center will be at West Fork MS/HS on Thursday, April 29 from 10:00am – 2:30pm. Located in the south gym.
- If you are interested in taking some NIACC classes this summer, a limited number of classes are being offered for FREE. You can enroll in the Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Business and Personal Finance. If you are interested in taking a course this summer, please see Mrs. Lillquist. Sign up has already started and spots are limited.
- NIACC is sponsoring a FREE week-long entrepreneurship event. This is a fun and interesting opportunity to learn about starting your own business. The Youth Entrepreneurial Academy is Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18 from 8:30 – 4:00 each day. There are gas gift cards to cover travel for the week or you can stay on campus in student housing. Every participant receives an automatic $500 scholarship to NIACC. Please see Mrs. Lillquist or Mrs. Otten for more information.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you!
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- Now that we are starting to have some warmer days, and our drinking fountains in the school buildings are still closed off due to Covid-19, please remember to bring a water bottle with you every day. Also, do not ever share/let others drink from your water bottle! Besides the Covid virus, there are several other communicable diseases that can easily be spread this way!
- MEDICAL SCRUBS!
For those of you in the CNA program, or who are currently working or will be working in the medical field and are in need of scrubs, please stop by Mrs. Sheppard’s office to look through the large supply she has. *All Free
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectf