Announcements – December 10, 2018 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Hamburger/bun, French fries, Carrots, Pears, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuit or biscuit and gravy, Juice or Milk
Tomorrow”s lunch menu: Cheddar potato soup, Crackers, Breadstick, Pineapple, Milk
- A list of final tests/projects will be posted outside the office later today. If you have 4 tests in one day, please come and talk to Mrs. Willms. Use this week to get ready to finish the semester!
- Door decorating should be finished up today after homeroom. Results will be announced on Thursday.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following December dates and times
Thursday, December 20th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at email@example.com if you are interested!
- On December 15 and January 12 the Booster Club will be hosting basketball tournaments as their fundraiser for jerseys for all sports . Every athlete is required to sign up to help with the score table or clock. This includes all sports.
- Today, December 10 at 11:15 am the Mr. Orness from Jostens will be here to visit with the seniors. This will take place in the Media Center.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa is hiring students ages 16 and older. Areas of availability include Nutrition Services and Environmental Services. These areas are very accommodating with school schedules. Pay ranges from $11.17 – $15.33 an hour. If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Lillquist know. An email has gone out to you with instructions on how to apply. This opportunity is a great chance for to build your resumes, get some experience in a hospital setting and earn some extra income.
- If you are interested in some extra assistance to help prep for the ACT (or SAT), here is a link to a discounted program offered through the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). Professional athletes and other organizations fund the program. The program is available for $20.00. The following link provides ordering information and additional information about all programs. www.eknowledge.com/IAHSAA
- If anyone would like the opportunity to study abroad in Germany during the 2019-2020 school year in the International Student Exchange Program, please see Mrs. Lillquist for information. There are scholarships available to help with the cost. The deadline to apply is December 11th and the application can be found online at http://www.usagermanyscholarship.org/apply-yfu.
Happy belated birthday, Sam Ries and Natalee Watters 12/8!!