Announcements – December 4, 2017 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Chicken patty/bun, FF, Corn, Peaches, Milk
Monday’s Breakfast: Cereal/toast, or waffle, Fruit, Milk
Monday’s Lunch: Crispitos, Mexican rice, Cooked carrots, Pears, Milk
1. Reminder: If you are entering or leaving the building during the scheduled school day, you are required to stop in the office and sign in and out. This does include seniors.
2. If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is setup to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the school will attempt to notify the parents or guardian.
3. Drivers Education classes begin December 5th in Sheffield from 7:00-8:00 am (7-9 on Wednesdays). Expect to receive information and a calendar in a couple of days.
4. Iowa HOBY is a leading international leadership program for high school sophomores that is packed with fun, innovative leadership activities focusing on the social change model, including personal leadership, group leadership, and leadership for society. The purpose of the seminar is to prepare our country’s high school sophomores to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, schools, workplace, and community. Each state has at least one HOBY seminar, and last year 200 sophomores selected from Iowa’s public and private high schools from across the state attended Iowa HOBY. Check out more about Iowa HOBY at our website and watch this short video which provides highlights of our seminar!
This year, the Iowa HOBY seminar will be hosted on the beautiful campus of Drake University in Des Moines, from Friday morning, June 8 – Sunday afternoon, June 10, 2018.
Each school may send up to five students to participate. The first student’s (the primary student) registration fee is $225, with a $395 registration fee for each additional student. The deadline for guaranteed acceptance is Friday, December 8, 2017.
9. Congratulations to the dance! The team placed 2nd in Hip Hop and 3rd in Pom!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.