Announcements – December 7, 2021 – Day A/5
December 7, 2021 – Day A/5
Today’s Lunch: Flying saucers (Ham/Mashed potatoes/Cheese), Corn, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR French toast, Yogurt, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Tenderloin/bun, Broccoli, Pears
This week’s birthdays!!
Riley Rocheleau – 12/6
Geoffrey Miller Stroup – 12/6
Evan Grunklee – 12/7
Kaiden Hurley – 12/7
Chase Showalter – 12/8
Cooper Reason – 12/9
Max Dickman – 12/11
- All middle school student council members meet in my room during Warhawk time Tuesday.
- JV/V Girls/Boys basketball at Northwood-Kensett Tuesday 12/7. Buses depart at 2:30/4:15.
- JH Boys basketball at Charles City on Thursday, 12/9 begins at 4:15. Bus departs from the Wellness Center at 3:00, please dismiss at 2:50.
- Wrestling Quad at Northwood-Kensett on Thursday, 12/9 vs EG, N-P, and N-K begins at 6:00.
- JJV Girls/Boys basketball vs Newman Thursday, 12/9 begins at 6:30
- JV/V Girls/Boys basketball vs Newman on Friday, 12/10. Kids Dance Clinic will perform at Varsity Girls half time.
- West Fork Dance Team will be serving a fundraiser meal from 5 – 7:30. Tacos are on the menu for $6! They are raising money for Nationals.
- High Schoolers, please do NOT walk through the lunchroom on your way to Warhawk Time. Need to walk around since Middle School is eating at that time.
- Amnesty International is selling candy cane grams for West Fork students for $1. Please see Ms. Vaughan if you would like to purchase one for a friend or loved one by Dec. 17th. They will be handed out on Dec. 22. All proceeds will go to the Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- There will be no 8th Grade Boys Basketball practice on Tuesday, December 7th.
- West Fork Booster Club generic clothing order form is available in the high school office, library and in Rockwell. There are two options and only option one comes in youth sizes. Orders are due this Wednesday, December 8th.
- West Fork wrestling clothing order form is available in high school in the high school office, library and Rockwell. Orders are due Wednesday, December 8th.
- Please bring your donations for the Spirit of West Fork to the main office by December 10th.
- Parents, if you want to help plan After Prom for the kids, please plan on joining us for the meeting. We will be discussing these upcoming events: Can Drive (12/4) and Youth Basketball Tournament Concession Stand (12/18) and more. The more people involved the better!
- Next NHS Meeting: December 7 @ 11:40 in Mrs.Sears’ Room.
- NIACC registration for spring semester is now open. If you would like to sign up for a NIACC class, please stop in. Some classes fill up quickly, so don’t wait to get registered. If you have never taken a NIACC class, please stop by and pick up a permission form.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! We would like to have them all submitted by Thanksgiving. Submit: email@example.com
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for December is “Outdoor Winter Arrangement”. If you are interested in supporting the class, here is the link to order. https://forms.gle/cc2dRAaT9d8Xm44Q9
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful