Announcements – February 1, 2022 – Day A/1
February 1, 2022 – Day A/1
Today’s Lunch: Shrimp, Broccoli, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal Or French toast OR Yogurt, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Sloppy joe/bun, Carrots, Mandarin oranges
This week’s birthdays
Carson Skiye – 2/2
Jacob Swenson – 2/2
Ellie Harms – 2/3
Josi Janssen – 2/3
Maddie Hubka – 2/4
- There is no NIACC class for the Rockwell Academy students this afternoon, Tuesday, February 1st. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- NHS Meeting: Feb 1st during homeroom in Mrs. Sears’ Room.
- HS Track Meeting: Feb 4th during homeroom in the big gym
- JV/V Girls/Boys basketball at North Butler on Tuesday, 2/1 begins at 4:00. Buses will leave at 3:00 and 4:45.
- Junior High wrestling at N-P on Thursday, 2/3 begins at 4:15.
- JV/V Girls/Boys basketball vs N-P in Sheffield on Friday, 2/4 begins at 4:15. The JV Boys game will only be 2 quarters.
- Out-of-town Date Forms are available in the office for the High School Dance on February 12. These are due back on Thursday, February 10 if you are bringing a non-West Fork student.
- Valentine’s Candy Gram order forms can be picked up in the MS/HS office. Orders are due February 4th.
- Auditions for the spring musical WILLY WONKA are after school Monday thru Wednesday, open to anyone 7-12. Sign-up sheet and audition packets are available outside music rooms. Any questions, please contact Grunklee/Koob. First rehearsal is Thursday Feb 3 at 3:30.
- Iowa Central is hosting a “Jam the Gym” event on Saturday, February 5th. The day starts at 9:00 AM with a campus tour, breakouts sessions and lunch, followed by a 1:00 PM basketball game. There will be free tuition drawings for high school seniors in attendance, prize drawings for a TV, bluetooth speaker, etc. and free t-shirts for all high school students. For more information or to register, please stop by and see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls is offering two opportunities to explore careers in the healthcare field. An information session for those interested in a career in nursing will be held on Friday, February 25th from 1:00 – 2:30 PM for students in grades 9-12. An information session is also available for seniors interested in a career as a medical assistant. This will be held on Thursday, March 31st. There will be two sessions – 8:30 – 10:30 AM or 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Space is limited, so please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in attending either event!
- JV/V Girls/Boys Basketball at St. Ansgar has start times of 4:00/5:00/6:15/7:30 and bus departures of 2:20 and 4:40 on Friday, 1/28.
- Good luck to the wrestling team at the Top of Iowa Conference meet in St. Ansgar on Saturday, 1/29!
- Reminder to all students, that when you attend a home sporting event, you are to stay in the gym except when you go to the concession stand to buy food. You are not to be running the halls or running through the gyms. Let’s make sure we are demonstrating our SOAR expectations.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are thinking about attending the academy next year in Rockwell, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list! This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet if you want to move into one of the programs at NIACC either senior year or after graduation. These are NIACC classes and you will receive both high school and college credit for them.
- JUNIORS: lf you are interested in taking part in a program your senior year, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list. Some of the programs include Automotive, Welding, Building Trades, Diesel, HVAC, Tool & Die, etc.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.