Announcements – February 22, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Grilled chicken breast/bun, Tri-tater, Corn, Applesauce, Milk
Monday’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or mini pancakesl, Fruit, Milk
Monday’s lunch menu: Chicken nuggets, Baked beans, Pineapple, Bread/butter, Milk
- WF TRACK ORDERS are due online by March 1st!
- The Dance team tryout sign up sheet is in the office. Make sure you sign up.
- ALL SPEECH PARTICIPANTS GOING TO RICEVILLE TOMORROW MUST MEET WITH MRS. SCHAFER TODAY!
- There are order forms in the office and media center for Conference champion t-shirts. Orders are due by Friday, February 22nd.
- NHS Dodgeball Tournament will be held on February 24th from 1:00 – 4:00 pm and the West Fork Wellness Center. The tournament is to raise money for a Dance Marathon. Each team will need 6 players and the cost is $5 per person or $30 per team. Forms are in the office and the deadline to sign up is Friday, February 22nd.
- Franklin REC will sponsor a student from the area to participate in the Iowa Rural Electric Youth Tour. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., from June 14-19, 2019. Parents DO NOT have to be members to participate in this opportunity. Applications are due on March 4. Visit www.franklinrec.coop or stop by the HS office for more information..
- For clarification: A two hour late start means that school starts at 10:15 regardless of the day of the week. Thanks!
- Please see Mr. Thompson if you are interested in going out for baseball.
- February is the month that West Fork NHS students deliver Meals on Wheels. Please stop in the office to sign up. Thanks!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City.
- JUNIORS & SENIORS – Anne Boyer is here TODAY, Friday, February 22, all day to give the Accuplacer test. If you are a junior planning on taking NIACC Composition next year, you need to take the Accuplacer unless you have scored at least a 16 on the English portion of your ACT. If you are a senior and even considering attending NIACC and have not taken your ACT yet, it is strongly suggested that you take the Accuplacer. If you are enrolling in a program up at NIACC next year, you will also need to take the Accuplacer. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have questions or if you want to sign up to take it.
- There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
Happy Birthday, Macey Rust!!