Announcements – February 3, 2021 – Day B/4
February 3, 2021 – Day B – 4
Today’s Lunch Menu: Spaghetti/meat sauce, Green beans, Applesauce, Breadsticks
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast or Mini pancakes Or To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: Beef-n-cheese nachos, Broccoli, Peaches
Happy National Counselor Week to our very own, Mrs. Lillquist!!! Please give her a shout out if you see her today!
- Juniors – please stop by Mrs. Trewin’s classroom and sign up to work the concession stand.
- There will be a HIGH SCHOOL TRACK meeting for all boys and girls on Friday, February 5th in the big gym during Warhawk Time.
- Activity Schedule:
- Thursday 2/4
- JJV/V Boys Basketball vs St. Ansgar in St. Ansgar
- Bus departs at 4:40
- JJV 6:15
- Varsity 7:30
- Stream Link: https://987kisscountry.com/sports/st-ansgar-saints/
- JH Boys Basketball vs Central Springs in Rockwell
- 7th 4:15, 8th follows
- Friday 2/5
- JV/V Girls/Boys Basketball vs N-P in Nashua
- First bus departs at 2:35, dismiss at 2:20. Second bus departs at 4:35.
- JV Girls 4:00
- JV Boys 5:00
- Varsity Girls 6:15
- Varsity Boys 7:30
- JH Boys Basketball vs Rockford in Rockford
- Bus departs at 3:15
- 7th 4:15, 8th follows
- Saturday 2/6
- Varsity Wrestling Sectionals at South Hamilton in Jewell
- Bus departs at 8:30
- Weigh-ins start at 10:00
- We will be starting open gyms for softball starting February 7th. These will run every Sunday from 4:00-5:30. These sessions will include hitting and pitching/catching workouts. While they are not mandatory, they are highly encouraged to attend. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Also, any softball girls who signed up make sure to join the Remind Group – Coach Winfrey sent you an invite.”
- SOPHOMORES: If you are interested in attending HOBY this year, please send Mrs. Lillquist an email expressing your interest no later than this Thursday, February 4th, by 4:00 PM.
- You can still order a Coaches Vs Cancer t-shirt! Order forms are in the MS/HS office. Orders are due by February 5th.
- DRIVERS EDUCATION DATES:
( MONDAY – FRIDAY 8-12 )
June 7th – June 18th
July 6th – July16th
Aug 2nd – Aug 13th
( SATURDAY 8:30 – 2:30)
All sign ups can be done online at DRIVEWISE.CO – Drivers education for free and reduced students can still be done on paper and mailed to 1413 South Lake View Drive in Clear Lake as normal. If students sign up with a friend for the moped safety class they will get a $10 refund at the completion of the full Saturday course.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful