Announcements – January 12, 2021 – Day B
January 12, 2021 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Turkey gravy/biscuits, Peas, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR Egg patty Or To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: Pork tenderloin/bun, Carrots, Applesauce
- January 19th between 7:45am and 9:30am, would the following students please see Mr. Burt to have a picture taken for the yearbook: Emma Bogue, Sebastian Martinez, Trey Despenas, Nichole Peltier, Riley Rocheleau, Aiden Weaver and Dallas White.
- Any 8-12 graders who are interested in going out for softball this summer, there is a signup sheet in the office. If interested, you need to get signed up ASAP as Coach Winfrey will be holding pitching and catching and hitting sessions starting in February.
- There are some opportunities coming up to learn more about different trade areas including HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, linemen,etc. Each area will be having panel discussions and worksite tour through the month of May. If you have an interest in learning more about any of these, please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information. The first one will be Thursday, January 14th and is on HVAC.
- Weekly Activity Schedule:
- Tuesday, 1/12
- Boys JJV/JV/V Basketball vs Iowa Falls-Alden in Sheffield
- JJV 5:00
- JV 6:15
- Varsity 7:30
- Stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK0zNwRQMIvFInTkSUiyEqQ
- Wednesday, 1/13
- Thursday, 1/14
- Girls JV/V Basketball vs North Iowa in Sheffield
- JV 5:00
- Varsity 6:15
- Wrestling vs Belmond-Klemme, North Union, and Newman in Mason City at Newman
- 6:00 start time
- Girls JH Basketball vs Rockford in Rockford
- Bus leaves at 3:00, 2:45 dismissal
- 4:15 start time
- Boys JH Basketball vs Newman in Rockwell
- 4:15 start time
- Friday, 1/15
- G/B JV/V Basketball vs Rockford in Sheffield
- Girls JV 4:00
- Boys JV 5:00
- Girls Varsity 6:15
- Boys Varsity 7:30
- Saturday, 1/16
- Wrestling at AGWSR
- Bus leaves at 6:50
- Girls Wrestling at Independence
- Coach Prestidge driving suburban
- If you took a NIACC class 1st semester, please get your books turned in to Mrs. Lillquist ASAP.
- DRIVERS EDUCATION DATES:
REMAINING DATES FOR 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR
( TUESDAY / THURSDAY 5-8 )
Jan 19th – Feb 18th
Mar 2nd – Apr 1st (any missed classes for spring break can be made up via recording at their convenience)
Apr 20th – May 20th
( MONDAY – FRIDAY 8-12 )
June 7th – June 18th
July 6th – July16th
Aug 2nd – Aug 13th
( SATURDAY 8:30 – 2:30)
All sign ups can be done online at DRIVEWISE.CO – Drivers education for free and reduced students can still be done on paper and mailed to 1413 South Lake View Drive in Clear Lake as normal. If students sign up with a friend for the moped safety class they will get a $10 refund at the completion of the full Saturday course.
- Online students may have pictures to be picked up in the office.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful