Announcements – January 16, 2020 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Turkey gravy over biscuits, Peas, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast or breakfast pizza, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Shrimp, Broccoli/cheese sauce, Pineapple, Breadstick
Choice 1: Chef salad Choice 2: Chicken salad croissant
Sign up before 9:45 – either before school or after 1st block.
- Today during homeroom: there will be a short meeting about girls track in Mrs. Sears room.
- TODAY is the last day to change schedules! Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you need to make changes!!!
- Tonight we will be hosting a quad wrestling meet with Belmond-Klemme, North Union and Newman starting at 6:00pm. Good Luck!
- Good luck to our West Fork dance team who will be competing at a national dance competition in Minneapolis on Friday!!
- Please stop in the high school office if you are interested in signing up for Driver’s Education. This is open to any 8th graders and older that have their instruction permit. Students can sign up online by going to www.drivewise.co. You are also able to print off a form from the Drive Wise Website, fill it out and turn it into either the HS or Middle school office. The cost of the class is $350. This class will be held in Sheffield and will start February 6th at 5:30pm.
- Rockford is hosting a prom dress sale. Sale dates and times are Saturday, January 25th from 10:00 – 3:00 and Sunday, January 26th from 12:00 – 3:00. If you would like to sell a dress, dress drop off time is Saturday, January 25th from 8:00 – 10:00. Dress pick up time is Sunday, January 26th from 3:00 – 4:00.
- Fall semester NIACC students, please get your books turned in.
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- As a reminder to both students and parents, if you are feeling unwell at school to the point that you think you need to go home, you are to first visit the school nurse who will do an assessment to determine if they should go home or if she feels they should try to stick it out for the rest of the day. We have far too many students texting or calling their parents and getting permission to go home without ever being evaluated. While we certainly don’t want students here who are ill and potentially contagious, a good attendance record is vital to their success here at school. It also helps them develop the work ethic and reliability that future employers will be looking for. Thank you for your cooperation with this. Shelley
Happy belated birthday, Brett Witte!!! 1/15
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful