Announcements – January 20, 2022 – Day A/5
January 20, 2022 – Day A/5
Today’s Lunch: Rib patty/bun, Baked beans, Applesauce
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal Or Biscuits and gravy, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Burrito, Peas, Mandarin oranges
This week’s birthdays
Jordan Mattson – 1/16
Carter Behr – 1/18
Caden Jensen – 1/22
Mrs. Hagenow – 1/23
- 7/8 Girls Basketball at Central Springs on Thursday, 1/20 starts at 4:15 with a bus departure of 3:15. The game will be played in Nora Springs.
- 7/8 Boys Basketball vs Central Springs in Rockwell on Thursday, 1/20 starts at 4:15.
- JJV Girls/Boys Basketball at Newman Catholic on Thursday 1/20 begins at 6:30 with a bus departure of 5:30.
- Good luck to our girls wrestlers going to the state meet on Friday, 1/21!
- JV/V G/B Basketball at Newman Catholic on Friday, 1/21 has start times of 4:00/5:00/6:15/7:45. Buses depart at 3:00 (2:50 dismissal) and 5:00.
- Wrestling tournament at North Butler on Saturday, 1/22. JV matches start at 8:30 with varsity at 11:00.
- JJV/JV/V G/B Basketball vs H-D-CAL on Saturday, 1/22 for the Coaches vs Cancer games. Start times are 1:00/2:15/3:30/4:45/6:15/7:45.
- If you are taking a NIACC class this semester, MOST of the books are here and ready for pick up. If you have not returned books from this past semester, you will not get your new books until the old ones come in. Also, seniors you can turn in the novel you were given for composition – “Rising Out of Hatred”.
- Reminder to all students, that when you attend a home sporting event, you are to stay in the gym except when you go to the concession stand to buy food. You are not to be running the halls or running through the gyms. Let’s make sure we are demonstrating our SOAR expectations.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are thinking about attending the academy next year in Rockwell, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list! This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet if you want to move into one of the programs at NIACC either senior year or after graduation. These are NIACC classes and you will receive both high school and college credit for them.
- JUNIORS: lf you are interested in taking part in a program your senior year, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list. Some of the programs include Automotive, Welding, Building Trades, Diesel, HVAC, Tool & Die, etc.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! We would like to have them all submitted by Thanksgiving. Submit: email@example.com
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful