Announcements – January 21, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: BBQ pork/bun, Baked beans, Pears, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuit and biscuit/gravy, Fruit Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Walking taco, Chips, Carrots, Pineapple, Milk
- Congratulations to the West Fork speech team. They gave a fine performance with the play, THE PUPPET MASTER Saturday in Hampton.
- It is time to practice for Individual Speech Contest. Sign up for practice times and bring your pieces with introductions attached THIS WEEK!
- Today is the absolute last day to make schedule changes. Please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP if you need to make a change.
- Girls Track Sign-Up Meeting during Warhawk Time on Tuesday, Jan 22nd in Mrs. Sears’ room.
- Varsity basketball games against Central Springs have been moved from Tuesday to Monday due to winter weather in the forecast. Varsity bus leaves at 4:45. Information on the JV games will come later today.
- The JJV boys basketball game at home against Osage tonight has been cancelled.
- Wrestlers are to be dismissed at 2:50 for a 3:00 departure for the tournament at Riceville. Good luck, Warhawks!
- Would the following students please stop in the office today before homeroom: Ian Latham, Devin Kothenbeutel, Brett Weaver, McKenna Weaver, Jair Ramirez and Tjaden Dixon. Thanks
- Seniors will have a class meeting on Thursday, please bring your chromebooks to the media center during homeroom.
- INDIVIDUAL SPEECH CONTESTANTS: Please submit your pieces with the introduction to Mrs. Schafer by Friday, January 18th. This must be completed before registering contestants for contest. Thank you.
- The West Fork High School Pep Band invites YOU (ALL students, parents, siblings, teachers, alumni, and staff) to perform with them on January 25th, and 29th at the girls’ and boys’ varsity basketball games. If interested, please arrive in the WFHS band room at 5:00pm. Music and percussion equipment will be available, but brass and woodwind players will need to bring their own instruments. If you would like to see the music in advance, please contact Katy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a new semester begins, please review our school expectations for cell phones, attendance, and dress code. All violations have been reset, so everyone starts with a clean slate.
- Monday, February 18th –School will be in session
On the school calendar this day was designated as a “No School” day.
Since we missed school on August 27 due to the power outage we will
Be making up that day on February 18, 2019.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City.
- Seniors interested in attending Ellsworth Community College – the event was rescheduled to this Saturday, January 26th at 10:00. It starts with registration, followed by a program. They will cover the admissions process, financial aid and student life/housing. You will hear from professors and students, take a campus tour and enjoy lunch on them. There will also be scholarship drawings! The event will conclude around 1:00. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Students interested in attending Iowa Central Community College, there is an event on Saturday, January 26 at 9:00. It starts with registration, followed by a tour, student activity and parent session followed by lunch. Free t-shirts will be given to all high school students in attendance. Seniors have a chance of winning a free tuition scholarship, Amazon Echo, headphones, among other prizes. To register, go to www.iowacentral.edu/admissions/visit.asp.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following dates and times:
Thursday, January 17th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at email@example.com if you are interested!
Happy birthday, Mitchell Halloran!!
Happy belated birthday, Cooper Hanson 1/18, Wyatt Schaefer 1/19, Aiden Weaver 1/19, Hannah Lowe 1/20