Announcements – January 26, 2022 – Day A/3
January 26, 2022 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: Chicken nuggets, Peas, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal Or Cinnamon roll, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Hot dog/bun, Baked beans, Mandarin oranges
This week’s birthdays
Ms. Friest – 1/26
Anna Dirksen – 1/29
- Valentine’s Candy Gram order forms can be picked up in the MS/HS office. Orders are due February 4th.
- JH Girls Basketball vs North Butler on Thursday, 1/27 in Rockwell begins at 4:15
- JH Wrestling on Thursday, 1/27 at Nashua-Plainfield begins at 4:15.
- JJV Girls/Boys basketball on Thursday, 1/27 at Clear Lake begins at 6:00. Bus departs at 5:00. The game will be played at Clear Creek Elementary.
- JV/V Girls/Boys Basketball at St. Ansgar has start times of 4:00/5:00/6:15/7:30 and bus departures of 2:20 and 4:20 on Friday, 1/28.
- Good luck to the wrestling team at the Top of Iowa Conference meet in St. Ansgar on Saturday, 1/29!
- If you are taking a NIACC class this semester, MOST of the books are here and ready for pick up. If you have not returned books from this past semester, you will not get your new books until the old ones come in. Also, seniors you can turn in the novel you were given for composition – “Rising Out of Hatred”.
- Reminder to all students, that when you attend a home sporting event, you are to stay in the gym except when you go to the concession stand to buy food. You are not to be running the halls or running through the gyms. Let’s make sure we are demonstrating our SOAR expectations.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are thinking about attending the academy next year in Rockwell, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list! This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet if you want to move into one of the programs at NIACC either senior year or after graduation. These are NIACC classes and you will receive both high school and college credit for them.
- JUNIORS: lf you are interested in taking part in a program your senior year, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list. Some of the programs include Automotive, Welding, Building Trades, Diesel, HVAC, Tool & Die, etc.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! We would like to have them all submitted by Thanksgiving. Submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.