Announcements – March 21, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Grilled chicken/bun, Baked beans, Chips, Mandarin oranges, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or breakfast pizza, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Pizza, Green beans, Pears, Bread/butter, Milk
- If you are interested in taking NIACC Public Speaking in the fall, please see Mrs. Lillquist TODAY!
- Boy’s basketball banquet will be held on March 25th at 6:30pm. The location for the banquet is at Ridgestone. The cost is $10/person. Please contact Mr. Schnoes with the number of people that you will be bringing.
- All 9th-11th grade students will be taking the MAP assessment on Thursday at 9:45. Seniors will have open-campus at this time, but they are expected to be here for Block 1.
- Seniors planning on going on the senior trip, please meet in the small gym today during homeroom.
- Senior class meeting on Monday at 11;15 for the students going on the senior trip. The meeting will be held in the Media Center.
- Parking reminder–there are signs across the street in front of the high school that say no parking. Please respect these and park in a parking spot.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- There are a number of FREE classes being offered this summer at NIACC. If you would like to sign up or learn more about this opportunity, please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP. Space is limited.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are interested in attending the Rockwell Academy next year, please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC, will be coming Friday, March 29. She will be administering the Accuplacer test in the morning and registering students for the Fall 2019 semester in the afternoon. If you are a junior planning on taking NIACC Composition next year, you need to take the Accuplacer unless you have scored at least a 16 on the English portion of your ACT. If you are a senior and even considering attending NIACC and have not taken your ACT yet, it is strongly suggested that you take the Accuplacer. If you are enrolling in a program up at NIACC next year, you will also need to take the Accuplacer. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have questions or if you want to sign up to take it.
- ACT is giving away a $40,000 scholarship to eligible sophomores and juniors who register for the June or July 2019 US national test dates. During registration, check YES to opt-in to the ACT Scholarship Giveaway. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have questions.
Happy birthday, Liz Speakar!!