Announcements – March 21, 2022 -Day B/4
March 21, 2022 – Day B/4
Today’s Lunch: Hamburger/bun, Carrots, Peas
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal Or Biscuit, Sausage patty, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Chili, Cinnamon roll, Cottage cheese, Peaches, Crackers
This week’s birthdays
Mrs. Zeitler – 3/21
Jadyn Dirksen – 3/21
Lily Dirksen – 3/21
Emmylee Schulte – 3/23
MacKenna Horecka – 3/23
Joshua Hagin – 3/25
- The West Fork Senior Class is selling laser engraved insulated tumblers. Please pick up an order form in the office if interested.
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here all day on Tuesday, March 22nd to register students for fall NIACC classes. Some classes fill up quickly, so don’t delay in signing up. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- NIACC is doing a number of “Spring Spotlight Campus Visits”. These visits spotlight different programs offered at NIACC. They will be held in person on Fridays at 9:00 throughout the months of February, March and April. This might be a good opportunity for those of you planning a college visit to NIACC, to visit on a day that spotlights a career you are interested in. An email was sent to all juniors and seniors with the dates and careers featured. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A few spots still remain for summer NIACC classes. These classes are being offered for FREE. You can enroll in the following classes: Body Structure and Function, Introduction to Business and the Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical course. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to sign up; don’t delay as spots are limited.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls is offering an opportunity for seniors interested in pursuing a career as a medical assistant. There will be two information sessions held on Thursday, March 31st at 8:30 – 10:30 AM or 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Space is limited, so please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in attending this event!
- Reminder to all students, that when you attend a home sporting event, you are to stay in the gym except when you go to the concession stand to buy food. You are not to be running the halls or running through the gyms. Let’s make sure we are demonstrating our SOAR expectations.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.