Announcements – May 10, 2023 – Day B/6
May 10, 2023 – Day B/6
Today’s lunch: Walking taco w/fixings, Refried beans, Pineapple
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/Toast Sausage/Egg Patty, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Bosco Stick, Carrots, Peaches
This weeks birthdays
Kaden Graf – 5/8
Allyson Wilson – 5/8
Blake Vorhes – 5/9
Mrs. Ubben – 5/9
Self-Nomination forms for student council are due Friday, May 12, 2023 by 3:00. Voting will take place on Monday, May 15, 2023, during Warhawk Time.
Senior Breakfast – May 17 at 9:00am
Senior Awards Night – May 17 at 6:30 pm
Senior’s Last Day – Wednesday, May 17
Commencement – Sunday, May 21 at 2:00pm
3:00 O’clock dismissal – Wednesday, May 24
Last Day of Classes – Thursday, May 25
- All students taking NIACC classes – please turn your NIACC books in to Mrs. Lillquist as soon as possible.
- The West Fork Little League is currently looking for anyone interested in umpiring Boys/Girls Little League games. Anyone in grades 9-12 that would like more details, please contact Josh Wiseman at 641-425-9795.
- HS Girls’ Track: we will hand in jerseys on May 16th in Coach Sears’ classroom during Warhawk time.
- There will be a brief meeting on May 16th for all 7th grade girls interested in softball.
- The NIACC Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA) will be offered June 12-16, 2023 at NIACC from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with presentations on June 20, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This event is free! All students will receive a $500 scholarship to NIACC with an opportunity to win a $500 seed money award. A gas card can be provided for travel or students have the option to stay in the dorms for the week. Applications are due May 16th or until full.
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp July 17-18, 2023 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. This is a time for 9-12th grade students to explore health careers such as, but not limited to: nursing, EMT, medical assistant, certified nurse aide, physical therapist assistant and athletic training. The cost will be $110 and includes lunch and snacks both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2023
- 10:00 = HS Boys Varsity Golf Sectionals @ Spring Valley Golf Course, Livermore
- Thursday, May 11th, 2023
- 4:00 = HS Boys & Girls Track State Qualifying Meet @ Northwood (Dismiss at 2, Bus leaves at 2:15)
- Friday, May 12, 2023
- 10:00 = HS Girls Varsity Regionals @ Nashua Town & Country Club
- 10:00-11:15 = Festival of Nations – Middle School (small gym)
- 4:15 = JH B/G Track @ Greene (Dismiss @ 3:00, Bus leaves @ 3:10)
- Monday, May 15, 2023
- 4:00 = JH B/G Track @ Greene (Dismiss @ 2:50, Bus leaves @ 3:00) – Conference Meet
- Iowa Valley (Ellsworth), is offering a 114-hour Phlebotomy Technician Program. The class runs from May 2 – September 7 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at Ellsworth in Iowa Falls. The cost is $2,499, but financial aid is available. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 17-21 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 4:45pm – Leave Sheffield
- 4:55pm – Rockwell
- 5:05pm – Swaledale
- 5:13pm – Thornton
- 5:20pm – Meservey
- 5:35pm – Sheffield
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
- 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the
- Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.