Announcements – November 2, 2018 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Pork tenderloin/bun, Green beans, Chips, Fruit cocktail, Milk
Monday’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast, or Mini pancake, Juice, Milk
Monday’s lunch menu: Popcorn chicken, Mashed potatoes, Carrots, Pears, Bread/butter, Milk
- Remember to turn back time one hour this weekend!
- On November 16th at 7:00pm mark your calendars!!! The West Fork High School will be performing Write Me A Murder by Michael Druce
- Thank you to those who applied for the Principal’s Advisory Council. Those selected for this group are Emily Caspers, McKenna Weaver, Hailey McCoy-Munger, Ivee Steere, Zayne Kelley, Macy Dirksen, Ian Latham, and Megan McGuire. The first PAC meeting will be on November 6 at 7:30.
- If you read the announcements, please email me with one positive thing that happened this week!
- NHS Field Trip: November 7th to the capitol & World Food Prize.
- Conferences are scheduled for November 5 and November 8 – from 4pm to 8pm. There will be a 2:00 dismissal on both days.
- The Veteran’s Day program is scheduled for November 12th at 8:30am.
- There is a wrestling sign up sheet in the office for anyone who interested.
- Next NHS Meeting:Tuesday, November 13th during Warhawk Time.
- We have been having issues with the doors between the two gyms. Please do not yank on the doors or prop them open when they are locked. Be respectful of our building.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors-Please make sure you clean up after yourselves in the student lounge. Remember that this is the first thing that visitors see when they walk into our building. Take pride in your area!
- TODAY is the last day to sign up for the next ACT. The next test date is Saturday, December 8th. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Winter Driver Education is tentatively set for December 3rd through January 15th. Please stop in the office if you have questions regarding the schedule or to sign up.
- Cindy Lind, a Financial Management Advisor/Enrollment Specialist will be in the high school computer lab from 4:00 – 8:00 this coming Monday, November 5th during conferences to help students and their parents/guardians complete their FAFSA. Please bring your laptop. You will also need to bring your parents/guardians 2017 federal and state income tax returns as well as their W-2 forms as you will need those to complete the application.
- A representative from Kirkwood College will be here on Monday, November 5th, at 1:00 in the high school conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- A representative from Hawkeye will be here on Thursday, November 8th, at 11:15 in the high school conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- Reminder that all sophomores will be attending a field trip to NIACC on Tuesday, November 6h.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following November dates and times:
Thursday, November 1st from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
Thursday, November 15th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
“Life Is Rough So You Gotta Be Tough” ~ Johnny Cash