Announcements – October 18, 2021 – Day A/3
October 18, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: Chicken nuggets, Carrots, Pineapple, Breadstick
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR English muffin, Sausage patty, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: BBQ rib/bun, Broccoli, Pears
This week’s birthdays!!
Ms. Putze – 10/18
Mrs. Emhoff – 10/18
Collin Cook – 10/20
Alec Hobbiebrunken – 10/22
Kyler Pedersen – 10/23
Autumn Wood – 10/23
- Seniors please check your email.
- Volleyball Regional play begins tonight, Monday, 10/18 as the Warhawks travel to Calmar to take on South Winneshiek at 7:00! Good luck in the postseason, ladies!
- Cross Country state qualifying meet will be at Newman Catholic on Thursday, 10/21 with the girls race starting at 4:00 and the boys at approximately 4:30. Good luck, Warhawks!
- The football team will finish up their season on Thursday, 10/21 against Central Springs in Manly. Kickoff is at 6:00. Go Warhawks!
- There will be a box in the office for sock donations for the month of October. Donations are due on the 29th. Stop in the office to drop off new, unwrapped socks.
- There will be a middle school Boys Basketball meeting in Mr Hovenga’s room during Warhawk time on Wednesday 10/20.
- The Sign-up Sheet for 7th/8th Grade Boys Basketball is in the office. Please see Mr. Hovenga or Mr. Nuehring if you have any questions. Practice for 7th/8th Grade Boys Basketball will begin Thursday, October 28th.
- The Sign-Up Sheet for 7th/8th Grade Girls Basketball is in the office. Ms. Fleshner and Mrs. Greimann will be the coaches. Practice for 7th/8th Grade Girls Basketball will begin on Monday, November 8th.
- SENIORS: Next week is free application week at UNI! UNI will waive the application fee for students applying October 17-22. If you are planning to apply to UNI, next week would be a great time to do so. Please check your email or see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! We would like to have them all submitted by Thanksgiving. Submit: email@example.com
- Archery sign up sheet is in the HS/MS office.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A representative from Hawkeye Community College will be here today, Monday, October 18th at 11:00. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here tomorrow, Tuesday, October 19th for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here on Thursday, October 21st at 11:30. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for October is “Spooky Arrangement”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful