Announcements – October 19, 2022 – Day B/4
October 19, 2022 – Day B/4
Today’s lunch: Chicken nuggets, Carrots, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Pancake on a stick, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Bq Pork/bun, Green beans, Mandarin oranges
This weeks birthdays
Mrs. Kruse – 10/18
Mrs. Emhoff – 10/18
Mr. Todd – 10/18
Alec Hobbiebrunken – 10/22
- Upcoming Dates: Conferences – November 1st and November 3rd. Please call the office if you have any questions.
No School – November 4th
Thanksgiving break – November 23 – 25
- Congratulations to our West Fork volleyball team! They defeated RRMR last night to advance Wednesday, October 19th at Riceville.
- HS Volleyball @Riceville 7pm, Bus leaves at 4:45
- Ms/Hs XC Thursday, 10/20 @Central Springs, bus leaves at 2:00.
- We are going to Austria, Germany, and Switzerland in 2024. Come to our informational meeting on Thursday, October 20th, at 6:30 p.m. in the media center in Sheffield. Please sign up using this link https://bit.ly/3S6XG9n.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls is having an event for juniors and seniors interested in Medical Assisting and Nursing. It will be held on Friday, November 11 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. If you have questions or would like to attend, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- “If the class of 2024 could please check their emails for a google form that needs to be filled out. Please email Claire or Mrs. Payton if you cannot find it. Thank you!”
- The representative from NIACC will be here all day TODAY, Tuesday, October 18th to register students for spring semester NIACC classes. If you would like to take a NIACC class, please stop by to sign up.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- MercyOne has reopened their job shadow opportunities. If you are interested in setting one up, please see Mrs Lillquist. There are a few requirements, including COVID vaccine, Flu Vaccine and at least 16 years of age..
- A representative from Northwest Iowa Community College will be here tomorrow, Wednesday, October 19th at 11:35. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here this Thursday, October 20th at 11:00. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to email@example.com
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:30pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:40pm – Sheffield
- 6:00pm – Meservey
- 6:05pm – Thornton
- 6:12pm – Swaledale
- 6:20pm – Rockwell
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful