Announcements – October 25, 2019 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Tator tot casserole, Peaches, Bread/butter
Monday’s Breakfast Menu: Cereal/toast or Pancake on a stick, Fruit
Monday’s Lunch Menu: Scalloped potatoes/ham, Corn, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Choice 1- Chef salad Choice 2 – Chicken salad sandwich
Reminder: Please sign up before 9:45. Sign up before 1st block or after 1st block.
- Congratulations to Kacie Eisentrager for finishing 12th at the state qualifying meet yesterday and earning the chance to run at state Cross Country!
- Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country team finishing second at the state qualifying meet and earning the chance to run at state Cross Country!
- Football players and cheerleaders are to be released at 3:00 for a 3:15 departure for Armstrong. Good luck against North Union.
- Conference Championship state dance shirts orders are in office and library and due by November 1.
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here next Tuesday, October 29th at 11:15 in the conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- A representative from Iowa State University will be here next Wednesday, October 30th at 10:15. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- LaJames College is hosting an open house this Saturday, October 26th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. You will have a chance to tour the campus, tour the dorms, talk about financial aid and scholarships, meet instructors, interact with students, etc. They are also giving prizes and up to $5,000 scholarship. Reserve your spot by calling (641) 424-2161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Fork Warhawk clothing it is ready to be picked up in the library.
- Basketball cheerleader tryout sign up sheet is in the office.
- Our S.O.A.R. goal for October is 1400 tickets. We need 418 tickets yet, and then all high school students will receive an ice cream treat!
- The last day of the quarter is Friday, October 25. Make sure you have done all you can to show your best work. Make this week count!
- The Blood Drive is scheduled for Friday, November 1st from 10:00-2:30. If you’d like to donate, please see Mrs. Wilkinson.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. We will have a financial aid specialist attending the first night of conferences on November 4th to assist with this, but if you would like to get a jump start – it is now open. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- Upcoming dates: 11/1 – Picture Retakes
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful