Announcements – October 8, 2021 – Day A/3
October 8, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: Shrimp, Bread stick, Corn, Pears
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal OR Pancake, Fruit
Monday’s lunch: Hamburger/bun, Baked beans, Peaches
This week’s birthdays!!
Mrs. Schafer – 10/8
Lillian Foreshoe – 10/9
- There will be at meeting for JV/V softball girls on October
13th at 2:15 in the Wellness Center.
- October 12 during Warhawk Time and Lunch, stop in Mrs. Schafer’s room and get information about Speech. This is an informational meeting–you don’t have to decide if you want to participate but the more information you have the better decisions you make.
- Notifications have been emailed out that your students’ school pictures are ready to view. If you have not received an email from: BestImpressions@orderyourpix.com, please check your
spam file or you may email the photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your link and password.
SCHOOL PICTURE ORDER DEADLINE: Friday, OCT. 15 (after deadline, prices increase and postage will be included)
Retake Day: Thursday, Oct. 14 starts at 7:30 am till 9:00 am (Elementary gym) , 10:15 am to 11:15 am (High School Gym)
If your student was sick on Picture Day or needs retakes, PLEASE EMAIL PHOTOGRAPHER (email@example.com) so we are aware they will be coming for RETAKES.
- Football Friday, 10/8 at Newman Catholic. Kickoff is at 7:00, bus departs from the football shed at 4:30. Tonight’s student theme “Hick Night”!
- Varsity VB tournament at Buffalo Center Saturday, 10/9.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Tuesday, October 19th for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for October is “Harvest Time”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful