Announcements – September 21, 2022 – Day A/3
September 21, 2022 – Day A/3
Today’s lunch: Walking taco w/fixings, Broccoli, Pineapple
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Pancake on a stick, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Ham & cheese/bun, Green beans, Mandarin oranges
This weeks birthdays
Kaylee Truax – 9/18
Madelynn Welbes – 9/20
Katelyn Witte – 9/20
Carter Schaefer – 9/21
Riley Stonebraker – 9/22
Ethan Funk – 9/23
Chayton Peterson – 9/24
Today’s Quote: WORK hard, DREAM big, NEVER give up
- Thursday, September 22nd – JH Volleyball at Rockwell 4:15
- Thursday, September 22nd – JH/HS Cross Country at Manly 4:30 (Dismissed at 2:45, Bus leaves at 2:55
- A representative from NIACC will be here on Tuesday, October 4th from 1:00 – 3:00 for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- FBLA meeting on Wednesday, September 21st at 2:05 p.m. in Mrs. Otten’s room.
- Sophomores – please check your email and order your hoco shirt ASAP. Money is due to Katelyn Witte by Wednesday.
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:30pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:40pm – Sheffield
- 6:00pm – Meservey
- 6:05pm – Thornton
- 6:12pm – Swaledale
- 6:20pm – Rockwell
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful