Announcements – September 29, 2021 – Day A/3
September 29, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: Corn Dog, Broccoli salad, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Pancake on a stick, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Pork tenderloin/bun, Baked beans, Applesauce
This week’s birthdays!!
Owen Fink – 9/30
- JH/JV/V G/B Cross Country at Mayne’s Grove in Hampton on Thursday, 9/30. First races start at 4:15 with the bus departing from the Wellness Center at 2:55.
- JH Volleyball vs. Central Springs in Rockwell at 4:15 on Thursday, 9/30.
- JJV/JV/V Volleyball at Central Springs in Manly on Thursday, 9/30. Bus will depart at 4:15 with matches beginning at 5:30.
- Football vs North Union at home on Friday, 10/1 kicks off at 7:00
- JV Volleyball Tournament at St. Ansgar on Saturday, 10/2 begins at 9:00am.
- Upcoming Dates: No School October 6th
- There is a sign up sheet in the MS/HS office for Boys High School Basketball.
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Tuesday, October 19th for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- Franklin REC is looking for 10th and 11th grade students who are interested in public service and/or leadership! Franklin REC along with the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives will be hosting the Iowa Youth Leadership Academy. There will be three evening meetings in October. Students that attend all three sessions will have a chance to win AirPods.There are also scholarship opportunities available. Registration deadline is October 1st. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for September is “Harvest Time”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge is hosting a “Stuff the Stadium” event on Saturday, October 2nd. Registration is at 8:30 and the event includes campus tours, full-tuition scholarship drawings followed by Triton Football at 1:00. All high school students in attendance get a free t-shirt. To register visit www.iowacentral.edu/admissions/visit.asp. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful