MS/HS Announcements – December 4, 2020 – DayA
December 4, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Shrimp, Carrots, Mandarin oranges, Breadstick
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/Donuts or Frudel Or To Go Breakfast
Monday’s lunch: Pork tenderloin/bun, Baked beans, Peaches
- Congratulations to the Warhawk wrestlers on their dual victory over Rockford last night!
- Good luck to the basketball teams tonight as they travel to Rockford to take on the Warriors. First bus departs at 3:30, second bus at 5:00. Live stream is available through the RRMR Facebook page.
- The following students have a loaner Chromebook and Mr. Burt would like to have them back by tomorrow. Tia Lau, Alexia Schulte, Nathan Harlan, Geoffrey Stroup (charger), Kaylee Truex
- An Absolutely True Story As Told By A Bunch Of Lying Liars play is rescheduled to Thursday, January 7th at 7 PM. Based on the guidance from Governor Reynolds, only two people per cast member will be admitted. The play will be aired on West Fork Facebook Live, Instagram Live and Twitter Live.
- Mrs. Schafer will be having a speech meeting on Friday (today) during Warhawk time.
- A representative from the US Army will be here next Thursday, December 10th during lunch. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Thursday, December 10th from 12:00 – 3:00.
- Play practice will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 PM to 8 PM after Thanksgiving Break.
- NOV 10- DEC 15 TUESDAY/THURSDAY 5-8PM
All of our classes are on zoom for the rest of the year with drives in forest city just like normal, a little different with the registration process.. they need to sign up online at drivewise.co unless they are free and reduced then they can fill out the pamphlet and mail it in or they can go to the drivewise.co website and they can print out the form at the bottom of the page and send it in! We are trying to limit paper copies.. if you could pass this on to the students during your announcements that would be appreciated as always!
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful