Announcements – April 14, 2022 – Day B/4
April 14, 2022 – Day B/4
Today’s Lunch: Corn dog, Green beans, Peaches
Tuesday’s breakfast: Cereal or Biscuit or Sausage patty, Fruit
Tuesday’s lunch: Pork tenderloin/bun, Corn, Pineapple
This week’s birthdays
Kyle Crum – 4/14
Blaine Schultz – 4/16
Levi Staudt – 4/16
Mrs. Robinson – 4/16
Delaney Christianson – 4/17
Ava Huff – 4/17
- Reminder: No school Friday, April 15th or Monday, April 18th.
- Seniors: Mrs.VanLaere has scheduled the dates for CPR training (a requirement for graduation). Please stop in the office to find out which day you are signed up. Also, if you are already certified, bring a copy to the office.
- Any students that want/need to update their Wellness Center membership and have the money at school(cash or check), please stop by Mr. Nuehring’s room and Mr. Nuehring will get you a membership form, collect the money and get you a receipt. You can also pay online at the West Fork website if you have a debit/credit card. It is $50 for the year or $5 for a day pass. Remember, no admission in the Wellness Center if you do not have a membership or five dollars for the day pass.
- Seniors: Make sure you are checking your email on a regular basis. As we get closer to graduation day, there will be important information about upcoming events. Also, please bring Mrs. Shreve a copy of your CPR certification. For those of you that need the CPR class to graduate, you will be assigned a day and time to complete this. Mrs. VanLeare will notify me with the dates soon.
- NOTE – THIS IS A CHANGE. Anne Boyer will be here from NIACC on Thursday, April 21st at 11:30 for a college visit. Please stop by if you have any questions regarding NIACC. She is also planning on testing students 3rd and 4th block that day. Testing is by appointment only. If you still need to test, please contact Mrs. Lillquist to schedule an appointment. If you have already scheduled a time to test for the previous date, Mrs. Lillquist will be contacting you soon.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- Due to Easter Weekend, 8th Grade esports will be this Thursday during 7th Period Warhawk Time. Be sure to have your grades passing and positive behaviors in the school setting.
- NIACC is doing a number of “Spring Spotlight Campus Visits”. These visits spotlight different programs offered at NIACC. They will be held in person on Fridays at 9:00 throughout the months of February, March and April. This might be a good opportunity for those of you planning a college visit to NIACC, to visit on a day that spotlights a career you are interested in. An email was sent to all juniors and seniors with the dates and careers featured. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: email@example.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful