Announcements – April 14, 2023 – Day B/6
April 14, 2023 – Day B/6
Today’s lunch: Pizza, Breadstick, Green beans, Pears
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/Toast OR Breakfast bites, Fruit
Monday’s lunch: Fish nuggets, Corn, Pineapple, Dinner roll
This weeks birthdays
Serenity Stevens – 4/11
Lilian Cunningham – 4/14
Blaine Schulz – 4/16
Levi Staudt – 4/16
Mrs. Robinson – 4/16
- Seniors: Please check your email. I have shared your assigned CPR date with you. CPR is a requirement to graduate in the state of Iowa.
- Please return senior breakfast RSVP’s by April 21.
- The West Fork Student Council is hosting a blood drive on Friday, April 14th, from 10:00-2:00 in the north gym. Please consider giving. You can sign up by scanning the QR code on the flyer at the bottom of the announcements.
- The next ACT test is Saturday, June 10th. The last day to sign up for this test is Friday, May 5th. The June test also allows you to purchase a Test Information Release that includes a digital copy of the multiple-test questions, your answers, a copy of the answer document, the answer key and the conversion table used in determining your ACT score. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you would like more information.
- Ellsworth Community College is hosting a Conservation Tech Day on Friday, April 28th at 10:00 AM. This includes a full day of hands-on activities at Ellsworth Community College and Calkins Nature Center. If you are interested in attending, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The NIACC Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA) will be offered June 12-16, 2023 at NIACC from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with presentations on June 20, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This event is free! All students will receive a $500 scholarship to NIACC with an opportunity to win a $500 seed money award. A gas card can be provided for travel or students have the option to stay in the dorms for the week. Applications are due May 16th or until full.
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp July 17-18, 2023 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. This is a time for 9-12th grade students to explore health careers such as, but not limited to: nursing, EMT, medical assistant, certified nurse aide, physical therapist assistant and athletic training. The cost will be $110 and includes lunch and snacks both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- If you are taking an out of district/non student prom date, please stop in the office to pick up a permission form. Forms are due back in the office by April 21 by 3:00pm.
- After prom consent forms are available in the office.
- Prom Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, March 29th. Juniors will be selling them during lunch Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. They are $5 each and you will need to fill out an RSVP form. They will also be sold at lunch over the next several weeks with the deadline being April 14th.
- Tryouts for the 2023-24 high school football cheer squad will be held on Wednesday, April 19th from 2pm – 4:30pm at the high school gym. Interested girls currently in grades 8 through 11 should attend and wear comfortable clothing suitable for cheering. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-494-7963.
- Monday, April 17, 2023
- 4:30 = JH B/G Track @ St. Ansgar (Dismissed @ 3:00, Bus leaves at 3:10)
- Friday, April 21, 2o23
- 6:00-8:00 = MS Dance (small gym in Sheffield)
- Tuesday, April 24, 2023
- 4:30 = JH B Track @ Belmond (Dismiss @ 3:00, Bus leaves @ 3:10)
- Friday, April 28, 2023
- 4:30 = JH G Track @ Garner (Dismiss @ 3:00, Bus leaves @ 3:10)
- Iowa Valley (Ellsworth), is offering a 114-hour Phlebotomy Technician Program. The class runs from May 2 – September 7 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at Ellsworth in Iowa Falls. The cost is $2,499, but financial aid is available. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 17-21 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 4:45pm – Leave Sheffield
- 4:55pm – Rockwell
- 5:05pm – Swaledale
- 5:13pm – Thornton
- 5:20pm – Meservey
- 5:35pm – Sheffield
- Drive Wise Drivers Education Upcoming Classes Via Zoom
- April 18th – May 18th
- When: Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
Please call or stop in the office for more information!
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to email@example.com
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
- 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the
- Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful