Announcements – April 16, 2021 – Day A/1
April 16, 2021 – Day A/1
Today’s Lunch: Pizza, Carrots, Pineapple
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/Toast OR Frudel
Monday’s lunch: Macaroni/cheese, Peas, Applesauce, Bread/butter
- Girls golf team dismiss at 2:35 today.
- Would the following students please stop in the office: Nate Akins, Max Heimbuch, Nate Hubka, Paula Jorgensen, Noah Makse, Ethan Shields, Landon Showalter and Brett Witte to pick up your golf orders.
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here next Thursday, April 22nd from 9:42 – 12:05 and again on Tuesday, April 27th from 9:42 – 12:00. She will be here to administer testing, sign up for classes or answer questions by appointment only. If you would like to meet with her, please contact Mrs. Lillquist.
- The After Prom permission slips are in the office. They need to be returned by April 20th at noon. Both you and your date will need to turn one in.
- Blood Drive: Lifeserve Blood Center will be at West Fork MS/HS on Thursday, April 29 from 10:00am – 2:30pm. Located in the south gym.
- If you are interested in taking some NIACC classes this summer, a limited number of classes are being offered for FREE. You can enroll in the Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Business and Personal Finance. If you are interested in taking a course this summer, please see Mrs. Lillquist. Sign up has already started and spots are limited.
- NIACC is sponsoring a FREE week-long entrepreneurship event. This is a fun and interesting opportunity to learn about starting your own business. The Youth Entrepreneurial Academy is Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18 from 8:30 – 4:00 each day. There are gas gift cards to cover travel for the week or you can stay on campus in student housing. Every participant receives an automatic $500 scholarship to NIACC. Please see Mrs. Lillquist or Mrs. Otten for more information.
- 2021 West Fork Warhawk youth softball camp will be Saturday, April 17th. Please email Sadie Winfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. There is information in the HS/MS office.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you!
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- Now that we are starting to have some warmer days, and our drinking fountains in the school buildings are still closed off due to Covid-19, please remember to bring a water bottle with you every day. Also, do not ever share/let others drink from your water bottle! Besides the Covid virus, there are several other communicable diseases that can easily be spread this way!
- LOST & FOUND:
There is a metal rack just outside of the nurses back office door with several nice clothing items on it (this spot was chosen to display these items because most students pass by it multiple times a day). The majority of those items have been there for 6 weeks or longer. We will keep these items there through the end of this week (Friday, April 16th) and any which are unclaimed will be donated to the Sharing Shoppe uptown. Please take a minute to look through this very nice stuff!
- MEDICAL SCRUBS!
For those of you in the CNA program, or who are currently working or will be working in the medical field and are in need of scrubs, please stop by Mrs. Sheppard’s office to look through the large supply she has. *All Free
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful