Announcements – April 29, 2022 – Day B/6
April 28, 2022 – Day B/6
Today’s Lunch: Beef & cheese nachos, Carrots, Applesauce
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal or Biscuits & gravy, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Ham & cheese/bun, Corn, Pears
This week’s birthdays
Whitney Schulz – 4/25
Jayden Fontilus – 4/25
Olivia Jackson – 4/26
Ki Janssen – 4/28
Alexis Sheriff – 4/29
Aidyn Winburn – 4/29
Adam Tauro – 4/30
- Golf boys will be dismissed today at 2:50 to go to Nora Springs. Boy’s golf has now been canceled.
- Golf girls will be dismissed today at 2:40 to go to Greene.
- All 8th-11th graders that were out for football, or planning to go out for football, there is a meeting at 2:30pm this Friday, April 29th in Mr. Prestidge’s classroom at the middle school end.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology is holding another program information session on Tuesday, May 17th from 3:30 – 4:30 PM. The session is virtual and will last approximately 1 hour. If you are interested in attending, please email Amy Edwards at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend but would like to attend a future session, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The NIACC Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA) will be offered June 13-17, 2022 at NIACC from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with presentations on June 21, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This event is free! All students will receive a $500 scholarship to NIACC and a gas card provided for travel with an opportunity to win a $500 seed money award. Applications are due May 16th or until full.
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp July 21-22, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. This is a time for 9-12th grade students to explore health careers such as nursing, EMT, medical assistant, certified nurse aide, physical therapist assistant and potentially athletic training. The cost will be approximately $110 and usually includes lunch both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope.
- Minds On! Hands On! Camp will be held June 20 – 22 at NIACC. This is a free event offered for girls that will be in grades 9-12 in fall of 2022. This year the focus will be on NIACC Heating and Air Conditioning program with a focus on maintenance and repair in the home. Lunch will be provided daily. Camp is limited to 12 campers, so please register early.
- Iowa State University is offering Rise with Wise, a residential summer experience that provides an opportunity for female-identifying students to explore STEM fields and majors at Iowa State University. Two sessions will be offered, Tuesday, June 14 – Friday, June 17 and again Tuesday, June 21 – Friday, June 24. The cost of the camp is $200 and includes housing, meals, t-shirt, backpack, water bottle, and all on-campus expenses. This camp is designed for students going into junior or senior year of high school. Registration will close Thursday, April 28th.
- Wartburg College is hosting a Summer Leadership & Service Summit June 12 – 18. This is for students between their junior and senior year of high school. This allows students to study and practice leadership skills and service as a form of community and civic engagement. Students that attend will earn 3.5 semester hours of transferable college credit for “Elements of Leadership” course ($1,200 value). Participants will also earn a $1,000 scholarship per year for up to four years. Application deadline is April 30th.
- Seniors: Mrs.VanLaere has scheduled the dates for CPR training (a requirement for graduation). Please stop in the office to find out which day you are signed up. Also, if you are already certified, bring a copy to the office.
- The following students are scheduled for CPR today: Collin Cook, Kyle Crum, Jadyn Gauley, Carter Koop, Dakota Lau, Tyler Linderman, Geoffrey Miller – Stroup, Vincent Otero, Coy Smith and Isaac Truex
- Any students that want/need to update their Wellness Center membership and have the money at school(cash or check), please stop by Mr. Nuehring’s room and Mr. Nuehring will get you a membership form, collect the money and get you a receipt. You can also pay online at the West Fork website if you have a debit/credit card. It is $50 for the year or $5 for a day pass. Remember, no admission in the Wellness Center if you do not have a membership or five dollars for the day pass.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- NIACC is doing a number of “Spring Spotlight Campus Visits”. These visits spotlight different programs offered at NIACC. They will be held in person on Fridays at 9:00 throughout the months of February, March and April. This might be a good opportunity for those of you planning a college visit to NIACC, to visit on a day that spotlights a career you are interested in. An email was sent to all juniors and seniors with the dates and careers featured. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful