Announcements – April 4, 2023 – Day A/5
April 4, 2023 – Day A/5
Today’s lunch: Bosco stick, Carrots, Applesauce
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR Muffin, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Macaroni/cheese, Broccoli, Peaches, Bread/butter
This weeks birthdays
Paula Jorgensen – 4/4
Brenden Walker – 4/4
Parker Sheriff – 4/4
Cecilia Schmidt – 4/5
Keyahana Petersen – 4/5
Adra Johnson – 4/6
Emerli Johnson – 4/6
Ms. Weeks – 4/6
Aubree Kriemeyer – 4/8
Mr. Kruger – 4/9
- NHS Meeting today during Warhawk Time in Mrs. Sears’ room
- No School – Friday, April 7
- If you are taking an out of district/non student prom date, please stop in the office to pick up a permission form. Forms are due back in the office by April 21 by 3:00pm.
- After prom consent forms are available in the office.
- Prom Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, March 29th. Juniors will be selling them during lunch Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. They are $5 each and you will need to fill out an RSVP form. They will also be sold at lunch over the next several weeks with the deadline being April 14th.
- Tryouts for the 2023-24 high school football cheer squad will be held on Wednesday, April 19th from 2pm – 4:30pm at the high school gym. Interested girls currently in grades 8 through 11 should attend and wear comfortable clothing suitable for cheering. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-494-7963.
High School Athletics:
- Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
- 4:30 = Co-ed Track Meet @ Osage, Dismissal at 2:30, Bus leaves at 2:45
- Thursday, April 6th, 2023
- 4:15 = Co-ed Golf Meet @ Central Springs, Dismissal at 2:45, Bus Leaves at 3
- 4:30 = Girls Track Meet @ Hampton, Bus Leaves at 3:30
- 4:30 = Boys Track Meet @ Clarion, Dismissal at 2:45, Bus leaves at 3
- Iowa Valley (Ellsworth), is offering a 114-hour Phlebotomy Technician Program. The class runs from May 2 – September 7 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at Ellsworth in Iowa Falls. The cost is $2,499, but financial aid is available. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 17-21 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- NIACC is offering summer college credit classes. These are free for students entering 9-12 grade. The following classes still have spots available: Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical (Britt), Body Structure and Function w/ Lab, Nutrition, Medical Terminology 2, Introduction to Business, Computer Business Applications and Introduction to Accounting. Classes are first come,first serve and some do fill up quickly. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in taking a summer class.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- Once JH Track starts after Spring Break
- 4:45pm – Leave Sheffield
- 4:55pm – Rockwell
- 5:05pm – Swaledale
- 5:13pm – Thornton
- 5:20pm – Meservey
- 5:35pm – Sheffield
- Drive Wise Drivers Education Upcoming Classes Via Zoom
- February 28th – March 30th
- Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
- April 18th – May 18th
- When: Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
Please call or stop in the office for more information!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to email@example.com
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
- 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the
- Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful