Announcements – April 9, 2021 – Day A/3
April 9, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch Menu: Crispito, Mexican Rice, Carrots, Pineapple
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/donut OR Frudel
Mondays lunch: Popcorn chicken, Mashed potatoes, Corn, Peaches
- Boys Track bus departs for Clarion at 3:30. Field events start at 5:00, running events at 5:30.
- Girls track bus for Hampton at 3:30. Field events start at 4:30, running events at 5:00.
- A representative from Iowa Central Community College will be here on Tuesday, April 13th at 9:30. Please stop by if you have any questions for the Iowa Central rep.
- Upcoming dates: 4/14 – No School/PD
- The After Prom permission slips are in the office. They need to be returned by April 20th at noon. Both you and your date will need to turn one in.
- Blood Drive: Lifeserve Blood Center will be at West Fork MS/HS on Thursday, April 29 from 10:00am – 2:30pm. Located in the south gym
- Friday, April 9 from 2pm – 5pm, KLMJ will feature the Class of 2021 Senior Spotlight.
- If you are interested in taking some NIACC classes this summer, a limited number of classes are being offered for FREE. You can enroll in the Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Business and Personal Finance. If you are interested in taking a course this summer, please see Mrs. Lillquist. Sign up has already started and spots are limited.
- NIACC is sponsoring a FREE week-long entrepreneurship event. This is a fun and interesting opportunity to learn about starting your own business. The Youth Entrepreneurial Academy is Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18 from 8:30 – 4:00 each day. There are gas gift cards to cover travel for the week or you can stay on campus in student housing. Every participant receives an automatic $500 scholarship to NIACC. Please see Mrs. Lillquist or Mrs. Otten for more information.
- 2021 West Fork Warhawk youth softball camp will be Saturday, April 17th. Please email Sadie Winfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. There is information in the HS/MS office.
- 2021 West Fork Warhawk youth baseball camp will be Saturday, April 10th. Please email Tom Shreckengost at email@example.com if you have any questions. There is information in the HS/MS office.
- Junior High Track starts Monday, 4/5. Practice will be in Sheffield after school, meet in the Wellness Center.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful