Announcements – December 11, 2018 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Cheddar potato soup, Crackers, Breadstick, Pineapple, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/muffin or cini mini, Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: BBQ pork/bun, Baked beans, Chips, Applesauce, Milk
- Freshman girls’ and boys’ locker rooms will be locked today at 3:15 for use by Central Springs for tonight’s games. Please have your things out by the end of the day and good luck tonight against the Panthers!
- Wrestlers are to be dismissed at 2:50 for a 3:00 departure for tonight’s meet at Sumner-Fredricksburg. Good luck tonight Warhawks!
- Congratulations to Zach Martinek on scoring his 1,000th career point against Newman on Tuesday night! Zach joins Payton Plagge and Seth Tuttle as the only 1,000 point scorers in West Fork boys basketball history.
- Door decorating should be finished up today after homeroom. Results will be announced on Thursday.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following December dates and times
Thursday, December 20th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at email@example.com if you are interested!
- On December 15 and January 12 the Booster Club will be hosting basketball tournaments as their fundraiser for jerseys for all sports . Every athlete is required to sign up to help with the score table or clock. This includes all sports.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa is hiring students ages 16 and older. Areas of availability include Nutrition Services and Environmental Services. These areas are very accommodating with school schedules. Pay ranges from $11.17 – $15.33 an hour. If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Lillquist know. An email has gone out to you with instructions on how to apply. This opportunity is a great chance for to build your resumes, get some experience in a hospital setting and earn some extra income.
- If you are interested in some extra assistance to help prep for the ACT (or SAT), here is a link to a discounted program offered through the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). Professional athletes and other organizations fund the program. The program is available for $20.00. The following link provides ordering information and additional information about all programs. www.eknowledge.com/IAHSAA
- If anyone would like the opportunity to study abroad in Germany during the 2019-2020 school year in the International Student Exchange Program, please see Mrs. Lillquist for information. There are scholarships available to help with the cost. The deadline to apply is December 11th and the application can be found online at http://www.usagermanyscholarship.org/apply-yfu.
Happy Birthday, Lindsay Jones!!
The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.