Announcements – December 12, 2019 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: BBQ pork/bun, French fries, Pineapple
Tomorrow’s Breakfast Menu: Cereal/toast or breakfast pizza, Fruit
Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Crispitos, Mexican rice, Peas, Mandarin oranges
Choice 1: Chef Salad – Choice 2: Chicken salad croissant
Reminder: Please sign up before 9:45. Sign up before 1st block or after 1st block.
Mark your calendars – Upcoming dates: 12/16-HS concert at 7pm in the
12/23-1/1 – Winter break
- December 20th will be the last day to order a yearbook at the discounted price.
- If you would like to order WF archery apparel, there are order forms in the office. Orders are due December 18th.
- In order to celebrate our work with SOAR, we will have an assembly tomorrow, Friday, December 13th at 2:15 with the entire campus. Prizes will be given away so get your tickets in today!!!
- The West Fork Dance Team will be selling a walking taco, bar and a drink for $5 during the basketball game Friday (12/13). Please come out and support the dance team and then watch them perform at halftime of the boys game.
- The Jostens representative will be here on Monday, December 16th to meet with the seniors. Please meet in the media center at 11:15. On December 20th he will be back to pick up any Josten orders.
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
Happy birthday, Dani Ward and Drew Servantez!!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful