Announcements – December 19, 2022 – Day B/6
December 19, 2022 – Day B/6
Today’s lunch: Beef-n-cheese nachos, Broccoli, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Toast or Breakfast bar, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Hot dog/bun, Carrots, Applesauce
This weeks birthdays
Trenton Wise – 12/19
Aiden Bray – 12/19
Mrs. Lamos – 12/19
Kinsey Lambertsen – 12/21
Kelton Pedersen – 12/21
Aizley Winfrey – 12/21
Benjamin Jackson – 12/21
Ryker Reimers – 12/22
Eli Mhlenbruch – 12/25
Ms. Schmidt – 12/25
Sierra Showalter – 12/27
Mr. Westhoff – 12/28
Kacie Fessler – 12/29
Owen Meyer – 12/29
Kyleigh St. Germaine – 12/29
Jacob Lewi – !2/30
Mr. Seidel – 12/30
Mercedeez Hurley – 12/ 31
Norah Truex – 12/31
Ausitn Bogue – 12/31
- The next ACT test will be Saturday, February 11th. The last day to sign up for this test is Friday, January 6th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions.
- Upcoming Athletic Events
- Monday, December 19, 2022
- 4:15 = JH boys basketball at Rockwell (7th gerade only)
- 4:30 = JH girls wrestling at Mason City HS
- 6:30/7:30 = JJV G/B basketball vs Osage at Rockwell
- Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- 4:15 = JH boys basketball at Nora Springs (dismiss at 2:55, bus leaves at 3:05)
- 5:00 = Varsity girls wrestling quad at the wellness center
- 4:00 = JV/V G/B basketball vs Osage
- Thursday, Dec 22, 2022
- 5:15 = Boys JV/V basketball @ Algona
- Upcoming Dates:
- Monday, December 19, 2022
- 5:30 = HS Concert (band and chorus) in Sheffiedl
Winter Break – December 23 thru January 2
- Large Group Speech Contest participants must be signed up with Nathan Pralle before Christmas break. Please email him for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- MercyOne has reopened their job shadow opportunities. If you are interested in setting one up, please see Mrs Lillquist. There are a few requirements, including COVID vaccine, Flu Vaccine and at least 16 years of age.
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to email@example.com
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:00pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:10pm – Sheffield
- 5:30pm – Meservey
- 5:37pm – Thornton
- 5:45pm – Swaledale
- 5:52pm – Rockwell
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful