Announcements – December 3, 2018 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Popcorn chicken, Mashed potatoes, Corn, Bread/butter, Pears, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or Egg omelet, Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Hot ham & cheese/bun, Chips, Peas, Mandarin oranges, Milk
- All Wellness Center locker rooms will be used for the JV meet tonight, please have any personal belongings out by 3:45.
- The Sheffield Care Center is looking for student participation for their 1st Annual Christmas Decorating War. Each class will be assigned a hallway with a staff member that includes decorations and funding for supplies. On December 5th, the community will be invited in to judge the hallways and the class that wins will receive a nice prize. Please contact Mindy Meier with a class representative for further details. 641-430-1687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next PAC meeting is rescheduled for Thursday, December 6 at 7:30.
- Students attending the Top of Iowa Speech contest on Saturday should check their emails for the informational sheet. Please stop in to see Mrs. Schafer on Friday to go over your piece and prepare before the contest.
- We have been having issues with the doors between the two gyms. Please do not yank on the doors or prop them open when they are locked. Be respectful of our building.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa is hiring students ages 16 and older. Areas of availability include Nutrition Services and Environmental Services. These areas are very accommodating with school schedules. Pay ranges from $11.17 – $15.33 an hour. If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Lillquist know. An email has gone out to you with instructions on how to apply. This opportunity is a great chance for to build your resumes, get some experience in a hospital setting and earn some extra income.
- A representative from the United States Army here tomorrow, Tuesday, December 4th from 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- Mid-terms are quickly approaching. We will do our grade check today, Friday, November 30.
- If you are interested in some extra assistance to help prep for the ACT (or SAT), here is a link to a discounted program offered through the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). Professional athletes and other organizations fund the program. The program is available for $20.00. The following link provides ordering information and additional information about all programs. www.eknowledge.com/IAHSAA
- If anyone would like the opportunity to study abroad in Germany during the 2019-2020 school year in the International Student Exchange Program, please see Mrs. Lillquist for information. There are scholarships available to help with the cost. The deadline to apply is December 11th and the application can be found online at http://www.usagermanyscholarship.org/apply-yfu.
Happy belated birthday to Makia Fessler 12/1, Thomas Lunning 12/2
Happy birthday to Jennifer Ingham and Tyler Linderman