Announcements – December 5, 2019 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Corn dog, Broccoli, Peaches
Tomorrow’s Breakfast Menu: Cereal/toast or waffle, Fruit
Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Pizza, Green beans, Fruit cocktail
Choice 1: Chef Salad – Choice 2: Egg salad croissant
Reminder: Please sign up before 9:45. Sign up before 1st block or after 1st block.
Mark you calendars – Upcoming dates: 12/5-K-1st concert at 7pm in the
12/16-HS concert at 7pm in the
12/23-1/1 – Winter brea
- Archery form are in the office and need to be returned ASAP. Also, practice starts today, Thursday (12/5).
- The West Fork Winners 4-H Club will hold a pizza fundraiser supper on Friday, December 6, in the lunchroom. Pizza, bars and a drink will be served for a freewill donation from 5-6:30, prior to the varsity games with RRMR.
- Tomorrow is the last day to order Take & Bake. Lasagna $15, Cheesecake $12 or a meal deal (both) for $25
- The West Fork dance team will be competing at the state dance competition in Des Moines on Thursday! Good luck, girls!
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Mercy Medical Center is holding a career exploration day for juniors and seniors focusing on careers in the healthcare field. It will be held on December 10th from 9:00 am – 2:15 pm and lunch will be provided. Careers include surgical services, nursing, radiation/oncology, dietician, physician, behavioral health, rehab – physical/occupational/speech therapy and lab. This is limited to 60 students, so please let Mrs. Lillquist know soon if you would like to participate.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. We will have a financial aid specialist attending the first night of conferences on November 4th to assist with this, but if you would like to get a jump start – it is now open. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
Happy birthday, Kacie Eisentreger!!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful