Announcements – December 6, 2019 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Pizza, Green beans, Fruit cocktail
Monday’s Breakfast Menu: Cereal/toast or Pancake on a stick, Fruit
Monday’s Lunch Menu: Chicken Fajitas/fixings, Broccoli, Pears
Choice 1: Chef Salad – Choice 2: Egg salad croissant
Reminder: Please sign up before 9:45. Sign up before 1st block or after 1st block.
Mark your calendars – Upcoming dates: 12/16-HS concert at 7pm in the
12/23-1/1 – Winter break
- Congratulations to the Dance Team for winning championships in Pom and Hip-Hop, way to go girls!
- Locker rooms are to be cleared after school for tonight’s basketball games against Rockford. Good luck against the Warriors!
- JV basketball bus for Forest City departs at 9:25 on Saturday. Varsity and cheer bus will depart at 11:15. Good luck against the Indians!
- Wrestling bus for Saturday will depart at 6:00. Good luck at Wapsie Valley!
- The West Fork Winners 4-H Club will hold a pizza fundraiser supper on Friday, December 6, in the lunchroom. Pizza, bars and drink will be served for a freewill donation from 5-6:30, prior to the varsity games with RRMR.
- Tomorrow is the last day to order Take & Bake. Lasagna $15, Cheesecake $12 or a meal deal (both) for $25
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. We will have a financial aid specialist attending the first night of conferences on November 4th to assist with this, but if you would like to get a jump start – it is now open. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful