Announcements – February 16, 2022 – Day B/6
February 16, 2022 – Day B/6
Today’s Lunch: Spaghetti/meat sauce, Peas, Pear, Garlic
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal Or Cinnamon roll, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Hot dog/bun, Baked beans, Pineapple
This week’s birthdays
Abby Schoning – 2/14
Mrs. Trewin – 2/14
Matt Spangenberg – 2/15
Mallery Meier – 2/16
Carter Willms – 2/16
- District semifinal boys basketball vs Dunkerton in Dunkerton on Thursday, 2/17 tips off at 7:00. All tickets must be purchased electronically through Home Town Ticketing. Here is a link to purchase tickets:
- Regional semifinal girls basketball vs South Hamilton in Sheffield on Friday, 2/18 tips off at 7:00. All tickets must be purchased electronically through Bound. All spectators Kindergarten or older must have a ticket, including West Fork students. Here is the link to purchase tickets: https://ia.varsitybound.com/schools/westfork/tickets
- There is a golf sign up sheet in the office. If you are interested, please stop in and sign up.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a grea opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- There will be a mandatory softball meeting for anyone in 7th-12th grade next Tuesday, February 22nd at 3:00pm. If you cannot make it please contact Coach Winfrey!
- Reminder: No School – February 21st.
- NIACC is doing a number of “Spring Spotlight Campus Visits”. These visits spotlight different programs offered at NIACC. They will be held in person on Fridays at 9:00 throughout the months of February, March and April. This might be a good opportunity for those of you planning a college visit to NIACC, to visit on a day that spotlights a career you are interested in. An email was sent to all juniors and seniors with the dates and careers featured. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- If you are sophomore, junior or senior and you are interested in attending the NIACC academy or enrolling in a program next year, there is a morning event planned for Tuesday, February 22 from 9:00 – 12:30. If you are interested in learning more about what options are available at NIACC next year in the ag and skilled trades areas, please stop by and see Mrs. Lillquist for more information about this event.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology will be holding a program information session on Wednesday, February 16th from 3:30 – 4:30 PM. The session is virtual and will last approximately 1 hour. If you are interested in attending, please email Amy Edwards at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend but would like to attend a future session, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Dance Team sign up sheet and information packets are in the MS/HS office. Any questions please contact Kaci Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors: Please check your email for a message from Mrs. Willms!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here all day on Wednesday, February 16th to administer testing for next year. This would apply to juniors wanting to take NIACC Composition next year, juniors enrolling in a program next year (welding, diesel, etc.) and seniors attending a community college next year that do not plan to take the ACT. She will also take pictures for NIACC student IDs. Please see Mrs. Lillquist to set up an appointment.
- Sukup Manufacturing Co. is excited to host a Virtual Engineering Event. There are two parts to the event – one is an engineering challenge where students will be designing a shoe or a pair of shoes. The other part is a webinar on Friday, February 25th from 9:00 – 11:00. They will showcase a variety of types of engineers, share about Sukup’s internship program and have speakers from company leadership and Iowa State University. If you are interested in competing in the engineering challenge, please see Mrs. Lillquist as soon as possible so she can give you the details. If you are interested in attending the webinar, please let Mrs. Lillquist know by Monday, February 21st. The deadline for submission to the contest and to register for the webinar has been extended to February 21st.
- If you are interested in taking a NIACC class this summer, a limited number of classes are being offered for FREE. You can enroll in the following classes: Body Structure and Function, Introduction to Business, Personal Finance and the Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical course. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to sign up; don’t delay as spots are limited.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls is offering two opportunities to explore careers in the healthcare field. An information session for those interested in a career in nursing will be held on Friday, February 25th from 1:00 – 2:30 PM for students in grades 9-12. An information session is also available for seniors interested in a career as a medical assistant. This will be held on Thursday, March 31st. There will be two sessions – 8:30 – 10:30 AM or 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Space is limited, so please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in attending either event!
- Reminder to all students, that when you attend a home sporting event, you are to stay in the gym except when you go to the concession stand to buy food. You are not to be running the halls or running through the gyms. Let’s make sure we are demonstrating our SOAR expectations.
- SOPHOMORES: If you are thinking about attending the academy next year in Rockwell, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list! This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet if you want to move into one of the programs at NIACC either senior year or after graduation. These are NIACC classes and you will receive both high school and college credit for them.
- JUNIORS: lf you are interested in taking part in a program your senior year, please see Mrs. Lillquist to get your name on the list. Some of the programs include Automotive, Welding, Building Trades, Diesel, HVAC, Tool & Die, etc.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: email@example.com
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful