Announcements – February 16, 2023 – Day A/3
February 16, 2023 – Day A/3
Today’s lunch: Beef & cheese nachos, Broccoli, Applesauce
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Breakfast pizza, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Crispito, Rice, Carrots, Peaches
- We wanted to send out a quick reminder regarding regional and district basketball games for this upcoming week to help make this process as easy as possible for those who plan to attend. Tickets will be available for purchase in advance by using the following links below or at the door the night of the event. All post season tickets will need to be purchased online or with a debt/credit card at the gate. No cash will be accepted for admission per state guidelines. We appreciate everyones support and hope to have great crowds this upcoming week to support our boy’s and girls basketball teams. Go Warhawks!
- Boys Link: https://www.iahsaa.org/tickets/
- Upcoming Information: 2/20 – No School
- A representative from Northwest Iowa Community College will be here next Wednesday, February 22nd at 1:30. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- Any 8th – 12th graders going out for softball this summer need to meet in the wellness center room next Tuesday, February 21st, at 3:20
- All high school golfers please meet in the cafeteria on Friday, February 17th at 3:15 for a short meeting with coaches.
- Middle School FFA meeting has been rescheduled to Friday, February 17th @ 7:30 AM in Mr. Baker’s room.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology is holding a program information session. The session will be on Tuesday, March 7th from 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM. The session is virtual. If you are interested in attending, please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- NIACC is offering summer college credit classes. These are free for students entering 9-12 grade. The following classes are being offered: Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical (Manly and Britt), Body Structure and Function w/ Lab, Nutrition, Medical Terminology 1 & 2, Introduction to Business, Computer Business Applications and Introduction to Accounting. Classes are first come,first serve and some do fill up quickly. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in taking a summer class.
- Upcoming Athletic Event
- Thursday, February 16th, 2023
- 7:00pm = Boys Basketball vs North Union
- Friday, February 17th, 2023
- 7:00pm = Girls Basketball vs Clarksville
- The booster club would kindly ask that if you have a red track and field jacket at your house that you return it. We need these items back ASAP. You can return them to the office.
- NIACC is hosting a “Bustin’ Out the Blue” campus visit event on Saturday, February 18 beginning at 12:45 PM. There will be a program and campus tours along with admission to the women and men’s basketball games. There are FAFSA appointments available after 1:00 as well. There are over $3,500 worth of prizes and gift cards and four $1,000 scholarships available. To register, please go to www.niacc.edu/admissions/campus-visit/busting-out-blue
- Drive Wise Drivers Education Upcoming Classes Via Zoom
- February 28th – March 30th
- Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
- April 18th – May 18th
- When: Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
Please call or stop in the office for more information!
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:00pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:10pm – Sheffield
- 5:30pm – Meservey
- 5:37pm – Thornton
- 5:45pm – Swaledale
- 5:52pm – Rockwell
- Students that took a NIACC class 1st semester, please return your NIACC books to Mrs. Lillquist ASAP. Thanks!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- MercyOne has reopened their job shadow opportunities. If you are interested in setting one up, please see Mrs Lillquist. There are a few requirements, including COVID vaccine, Flu Vaccine and at least 16 years of age.
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at email@example.com.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful