Announcements – February 17, 2021 – Day B/6
February 17, 2021 – Day B/6
Today’s Lunch Menu: Macaroni & cheese, Peas, Applesauce, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR mini pancake OR To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: Hot dog/bun, Baked beans, Mandarin oranges, Chips
- Don’t forget that INTO THE WOODS musical auditions start today after school. Auditions will be in the band room. Sign up sheet is next to the door.
- Seniors: Please stop in the office to give Mrs. Shreve your measurements (height/weight) for caps and gowns.
- Girls golf sign up in the office.
- Speech Contestants: We will meet on Tuesday during Warhawk time for a group picture and to go over the contest on February 27th.
- Activity Schedule:
- State Wrestling at Wells Fargo Arena
- First Round matches for Class 1A begin at 9:00am
- Boys Basketball Regional Semifinal vs AGWSR
- 7:00 in Sheffield
- No fan limitations, all spectators must pay $6.00 (including WF students)
- Stream Link
- JUNIORS/SENIORS: Iowa Central is offering a number of virtual visits, financial aid nights as well as opportunities to talk to coaches and activity advisors. Please check your email or see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- We will be starting open gyms for softball starting February 14th. These will run every Sunday from 4:00-5:30. These sessions will include hitting and pitching/catching workouts. While they are not mandatory, they are highly encouraged to attend. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Also, any softball girls who signed up make sure to join the Remind Group – Coach Winfrey sent you an invite.”
- Sukup Manufacturing Co. is excited to host a Virtual Engineering Day on February 25th from 9:30 – 11:30 AM. They will showcase a variety of types of engineers, share about Sukup’s internship program and have speakers from company leadership and Iowa State University. If you are interested in attending, please let Mrs. Lillquist know by this Friday, February 12th at noon.
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Friday, February 19th to administer testing for next year. This would apply to seniors attending community college next year that do not plan to take the ACT or for juniors wanting to take NIACC Composition next year. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- DRIVERS EDUCATION DATES:
( MONDAY – FRIDAY 8-12 )
June 7th – June 18th
July 6th – July16th
Aug 2nd – Aug 13th
( SATURDAY 8:30 – 2:30)
All sign ups can be done online at DRIVEWISE.CO – Drivers education for free and reduced students can still be done on paper and mailed to 1413 South Lake View Drive in Clear Lake as normal. If students sign up with a friend for the moped safety class they will get a $10 refund at the completion of the full Saturday course.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank yo
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.