Announcements – February 24, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Macaroni/cheese, Peas, Pears, Breadstick
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast or egg omelet, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Chicken noodle soup, Grilled cheese, Crackers, Yogurt parfait
Choice 1: Chef salad Choice 2: Chicken salad croissant
Sign up before 9:45 – either before school or in between 1st block and 2nd block.
Happy National FFA Week!!!
- The month of February is West Fork high school students month to deliver Meals on Wheels! NHS members, junior/senior student athletes and student council members are encouraged to sign up to deliver meals. Please stop in the office to sign up. If you have signed up to deliver meals and are unable to do so, it will be your responsibility to find someone to replace you! Thanks for doing this!! There are still a few open spots for the month!
- Congratulations to Kale Petersen for going 1-1 down at the state wrestling tournament last night! Kale will continue through the consolation bracket this afternoon. Good luck Kale!
- Congratulations to the Boys Basketball team for defeating Clarksville 93-34 and tying the school record for points scored in a single game! The boys will be back in action Tuesday, 2/25 at home against AGWSR.
- A representative from the United States Marine Corps will be here this Wednesday, February 26th during lunch. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- The next ACT test date is Saturday, April 4th. The last day to sign up for the test is this Friday, February 28th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions.
- The 2020-2021 Dance Team tryout sign up sheet is in the office. Please pick up a packet and have parents sign and return at tryouts.
- Seniors please stop in the office and sign up for hotel rooms for the senior trip.
- Swimming Pool Lifeguards – Applications are now being accepted by the City of Sheffield. Applications are available at Sheffield city hall and online applications are due by Wednesday, March 4th.
- NIACC is once again offering a number of free classes this summer. Classes start in June and the end date depends on the class. These classes are offered on the NIACC campus and spots are limited. Sign up is now open; it is first come, first serve, so the sooner you sign up the better. The following classes are available for credit this summer: Certified Nursing Assistant Course, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Programming, Livestock Evaluation, Introduction to Business, Personal Finance and Principles of Management. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you would like to sign up or have questions.
- There is a job opening for Clear Lake State Park. The Recreational Aide position would be great for anyone that is interested in conservation, likes to work outdoors, or would like to work for the DNR someday. We still hire students that are just looking for a summer job that may not be interested in the parks and conservation field too. Anyone interested should call Joshua Rembe at 641-357-4212 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emma McKee, Keelee Sheriff, Ali Rice, Mckensie Shupe and Mya Braun. They all need to hand in their vb uniforms.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is setup to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call .
- The following students have not turned in their NIACC books from fall semester:Lexi Schulte. Please turn them in ASAP or you will need to cover replacement cost!!!
- JUNIORS: The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award is a $10,000 scholarship program for high school juniors. The program identifies up to 15 Iowa students who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. The finalists will receive a $1,500 cash award. Three of the finalists could earn an additional $10,000 scholarship. The deadline is March 15, 2020. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- As a reminder to both students and parents, if you are feeling unwell at school to the point that you think you need to go home, you are to first visit the school nurse who will do an assessment to determine if they should go home or if she feels they should try to stick it out for the rest of the day. We have far too many students texting or calling their parents and getting permission to go home without ever being evaluated. While we certainly don’t want students here who are ill and potentially contagious, a good attendance record is vital to their success here at school. It also helps them develop the work ethic and reliability that future employers will be looking for. Thank you for your cooperation with this. Shelley
Happy belated birthday, Devon Geiger – 2/22 and Macey Rust – 2/22 and Jaylah Obregon – 2/23!!!
Happy birthday, RaeLynn Nash!!!!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.