Announcements – February 27, 2019 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken nuggets, Mashed potatoes, Carrots, Pears, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or waffle, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Chicken noodle soup, Crackers, Grilled cheese, Peaches/cottage cheese, Milk
- WF TRACK ORDERS are due online by March 1st!
- The Speech Team is leaving at 12:30, after lunch today!
- The Dance team tryout sign up sheet is in the office. Make sure you sign up.
- Franklin REC will sponsor a student from the area to participate in the Iowa Rural Electric Youth Tour. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., from June 14-19, 2019. Parents DO NOT have to be members to participate in this opportunity. Applications are due on March 4. Visit www.franklinrec.coop or stop by the HS office for more information..
- For clarification: A two hour late start means that school starts at 10:15 regardless of the day of the week. Thanks!
- Please see Mr. Thompson if you are interested in going out for baseball.
- February is the month that West Fork NHS students deliver Meals on Wheels. Please stop in the office to sign up. Thanks!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college in the fall, 2019 semester, priority deadline for completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid is this FRIDAY, MARCH 1. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City. There is also a FAFSA Open House tomorrow, from 2:00 – 6:00 at the NIACC Charles City Center.
- Seniors, priority deadline for the NIACC Foundation Scholarship is this FRIDAY, MARCH 1. If you are even considering NIACC in the fall, please take the time to apply. It doesn’t take long and allows you to apply for over 200 scholarships at one time. The scholarship link can be found on the Google Doc you were sent with the list of scholarships. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
Happy belated birthday, Kyle Rooney 2/23, Jaylah Obregon 2/23, Elle Latham 2/26!!!