Announcements – February 28, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken noodle soup, Crackers, Grilled cheese, Peaches/cottage cheese, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or breakfast pizza, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Spaghetti/meat sauce, Breadstick, Broccoli, Applesauce, Milk
- WF TRACK ORDERS are due online by March 1st!
- Congratulations to the West Fork Speech team! The following made it to State:
Hailey McCoy-Munger ( prose and original oratory)
Grace Willms (storytelling)
Devon Kothenbeutel (radio announcing)
Treven Timmerman (radio announcing and prose)
- Good luck to the band and choir for their Pops Concert tonight. Come out to support these students in the North Gym at 7:00.
- Parking reminder–there are signs across the street in front of the high school that say no parking. Please respect these and park in a parking spot.
- The Dance team tryout sign up sheet is in the office. Make sure you sign up.
- Franklin REC will sponsor a student from the area to participate in the Iowa Rural Electric Youth Tour. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., from June 14-19, 2019. Parents DO NOT have to be members to participate in this opportunity. Applications are due on March 4. Visit www.franklinrec.coop or stop by the HS office for more information..
- For clarification: A two hour late start means that school starts at 10:15 regardless of the day of the week. Thanks!
- Please see Mr. Thompson if you are interested in going out for baseball.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college in the fall, 2019 semester, priority deadline for completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid is this FRIDAY, MARCH 1. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City. There is also a FAFSA Open House tomorrow, from 2:00 – 6:00 at the NIACC Charles City Center.
- Seniors, priority deadline for the NIACC Foundation Scholarship is this FRIDAY, MARCH 1. If you are even considering NIACC in the fall, please take the time to apply. It doesn’t take long and allows you to apply for over 200 scholarships at one time. The scholarship link can be found on the Google Doc you were sent with the list of scholarships. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!