Announcements – January 14, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken patty/bun, Baked beans, Chips, Peaches, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or egg omelet, Fruit Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Hotdog/bun, Peas, Mandarin oranges, Milk
- INDIVIDUAL SPEECH CONTESTANTS: Please submit your pieces with the introduction to Mrs. Schafer by Friday, January 18th. This must be completed before registering contestants for contest. Thank you.
- The West Fork High School Pep Band invites YOU (ALL students, parents, siblings, teachers, alumni, and staff) to perform with them on January 18th, 25th, and 29th at the girls’ and boys’ varsity basketball games. If interested, please arrive in the WFHS band room at 5:00pm. Music and percussion equipment will be available, but brass and woodwind players will need to bring their own instruments. If you would like to see the music in advance, please contact Katy Wilson at email@example.com
- We will resume our normal schedule today during Warhawk time. All students, including seniors, must report to homeroom today.
- As a new semester begins, please review our school expectations for cell phones, attendance, and dress code. All violations have been reset, so everyone starts with a clean slate.
- Girls Track Sign-Up Meeting during Warhawk Time on Thursday, January 17th.
- NIACC books are due now – please make sure that you turn them in. Thanks!!
- Students taking a NIACC class next semester that would like a NIACC ID can have their picture taken next Tuesday, January 15th at 2:00 in the high school conference room.
- Monday, February 18th –School will be in session
On the school calendar this day was designated as a “No School” day.
Since we missed school on August 27 due to the power outage we will
Be making up that day on February 18, 2019.
- Jackie Burke will be today, January 14, 2019 at 11:15 to talk to the Junior girls about Girls State. This will be in the computer lab next to the media center.
- The next ACT Test is scheduled for February 8th. The deadline to register is this Friday, January 11. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City.
- Seniors interested in attending Ellsworth Community College, there is an event on Saturday, January 19th at 10:00. It starts with registration, followed by a program. They will cover the admissions process, financial aid and student life/housing. You will hear from professors and students, take a campus tour and enjoy lunch on them. There will also be scholarship drawings! The event will conclude around 1:00. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Students interested in attending Iowa Central Community College, there is an event on Saturday, January 26 at 9:00. It starts with registration, followed by a tour, student activity and parent session followed by lunch. Free t-shirts will be given to all high school students in attendance. Seniors have a chance of winning a free tuition scholarship, Amazon Echo, headphones, among other prizes. To register, go to www.iowacentral.edu/admissions/visit.asp.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following dates and times:
Thursday, January 17th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Happy birthday, Abbi Jirak!!
“I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” –Estée Lauder