Announcements – January 16, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Hamburger/bun, Tri tater, Carrots, Pears, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or egg patty, Fruit Juice or Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Chicken fajita, Broccoli, Pineapple, Milk
- Would the following students please stop in the office today before homeroom: Ian Latham, Devin Kothenbeutel, Hayden Shreckengost, Brett Weaver, Tiyana Rogers, McKenna Weaver, Jair Ramirez and Tjaden Dixon. Thanks
- Seniors will have a class meeting on Thursday, please bring your chromebooks to the media center during homeroom.
- Senior class meeting Thursday (1/17) during Warhawk time in the Media center.
- INDIVIDUAL SPEECH CONTESTANTS: Please submit your pieces with the introduction to Mrs. Schafer by Friday, January 18th. This must be completed before registering contestants for contest. Thank you.
- The West Fork High School Pep Band invites YOU (ALL students, parents, siblings, teachers, alumni, and staff) to perform with them on January 18th, 25th, and 29th at the girls’ and boys’ varsity basketball games. If interested, please arrive in the WFHS band room at 5:00pm. Music and percussion equipment will be available, but brass and woodwind players will need to bring their own instruments. If you would like to see the music in advance, please contact Katy Wilson at email@example.com
- As a new semester begins, please review our school expectations for cell phones, attendance, and dress code. All violations have been reset, so everyone starts with a clean slate.
- Girls Track Sign-Up Meeting during Warhawk Time on Thursday, January 17th.
- Monday, February 18th –School will be in session
On the school calendar this day was designated as a “No School” day.
Since we missed school on August 27 due to the power outage we will
Be making up that day on February 18, 2019.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Seniors, if you are even considering attending college the fall, 2019 semester, please work on completing your FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid soon. If you have questions regarding the FAFSA, please see Mrs. Lillquist. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, appointments can be made with a financial aid specialist in Mason City.
- Seniors interested in attending Ellsworth Community College, there is an event on Saturday, January 19th at 10:00. It starts with registration, followed by a program. They will cover the admissions process, financial aid and student life/housing. You will hear from professors and students, take a campus tour and enjoy lunch on them. There will also be scholarship drawings! The event will conclude around 1:00. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Students interested in attending Iowa Central Community College, there is an event on Saturday, January 26 at 9:00. It starts with registration, followed by a tour, student activity and parent session followed by lunch. Free t-shirts will be given to all high school students in attendance. Seniors have a chance of winning a free tuition scholarship, Amazon Echo, headphones, among other prizes. To register, go to www.iowacentral.edu/admissions/visit.asp.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following dates and times:
Thursday, January 17th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Happy birthday, Tesse Severson and Miranda Banister!