Announcements – January 6, 2020 – J-Term
Today’s Lunch Menu: Pork tenderloin/bun, Baked beans, Pineapple, Chips
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/biscuit or biscuit/gravy, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Spaghetti/meat sauce, Broccoli, Pears, Breadstick
Choice 1: Chef salad Choice 2: Egg salad croissant
Sign up before 9:45 – either before school or after 1st block.
- First day of second semester is Monday, January 13, 2020.
- Fall semester NIACC students, please get your books turned in.
- The next ACT date is Saturday, February 8. The last day to sign up for the test is next Friday, January 10th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have questions.
- Franklin REC is sponsoring a Youth Tour to Washington DC June 18 – June 25, 2020. To qualify for the Youth Tour, you must be a sophomore or junior in our district, you must take a test, participate in an interview process and provide a letter of recommendation. The quiz will cover material on the history and organization of rural electrification. Applications are due by Monday, March 2, 2020. The quiz and interview will be held on March 11, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Franklin REC Office. Please visit www.youthtour.coop or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful