Announcements – March 11, 2019 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Hamburger/bun, Baked beans, Peaches, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuit, Biscuit/gravy, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Crispitos, Mexican rice, Broccoli, Applesauce, Milk
- CALLING ALL GOLFERS Girls and boys golf sign up sheets are in the office. If you are planning on participating, stop in the office.
- Hailey McCoy- Munger, Grace Willms, Devon Koethenbuetel, Treven Timmerman: Thank you for a great season! You should all be very proud of your accomplishments
- Reminder: March 11 and 12 there will be a 2:00 pm dismissal due to conferences. Conferences are from 4 – 8 pm. Also, will be no classes on March 13, 14 and 15.
- Monday and Tuesday’s schedule will be slightly different:
- Block 1 8:15 – 9:40
- Block 2 9:45 – 11:10
- Warhawk Time: 11:15-11:45
- Lunch 11:46-12:15
- Block 3 12:20-1:05
- Block 4 1:10-2:00
- Parking reminder–there are signs across the street in front of the high school that say no parking. Please respect these and park in a parking spot.
- Franklin REC will sponsor a student from the area to participate in the Iowa Rural Electric Youth Tour. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., from June 14-19, 2019. Parents DO NOT have to be members to participate in this opportunity. Applications are due on March 4. Visit www.franklinrec.coop or stop by the HS office for more information..
- For clarification: A two hour late start means that school starts at 10:15 regardless of the day of the week. Thanks!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- There will be a representative from Hawkeye Tech here today, Monday, March 11, from 11:30 – 12:30. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- ACT is giving away a $40,000 scholarship to eligible sophomores and juniors who register for the June or July 2019 US national test dates. During registration, check YES to opt-in to the ACT Scholarship Giveaway. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have questions.
- JUNIORS: The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award is a $10,000 scholarship program for high school juniors. The program identifies up to 15 Iowa students who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. The finalists will receive a $1,500 cash award. Three of the finalists could earn an additional $10,000 scholarship. The deadline is March 15, 2019. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
Happy birthday, Jair Ramirez!!!
Happy belated birthday, Lindsey Eberling 3/10!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.