Announcements – March 3, 2023 – Day B/6
March 3, 2023 – Day B/6
Today’s lunch: Pizza, Carrots, Pineapple
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal OR Breakfast bites, Fruit
Monday’s lunch: Corn dog, Green beans, Mandarin oranges
This weeks birthdays
Mr. Reeves – 2/27
Maci Shupe – 2/28
Irena Symonds – 2/28
Breckyn Dickman – 3/2
Nathan Harlan – 3/4
James Dannen – 3/4
- Girls golf–we will have a short meeting at 1:15 on Monday, March 6th in Coach Emhoff’s classroom.
- Friday, March 3, YFC will be providing pizza for the 9th grade during lunch. All freshman are invited to go to the north gym during lunch.
- Good luck to Olivia Jones, Libby Trewin, Grace Craighton, Ellie Lauffer and Kylin Johnson as they are in Des Moines to participate in the All Iowa Honor Dance Team performance this week!!
High School Athletics
- If interested in Girls Soccer, please email Mr. Borchardt and see the information below.
- Baseball 8th-12th – If your interested in going out for baseball this summer, please sign the sign up sheet in the office.
- The next ACT test is scheduled for Saturday, April 15th. The last day to register for the test will be Friday, March 10th. To register or for more information, please go to www.ACT.org. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 17-21 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology is holding a program information session. The session will be on Tuesday, March 7th from 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM. The session is virtual. If you are interested in attending, please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- NIACC is offering summer college credit classes. These are free for students entering 9-12 grade. The following classes still have spots available: Nurse Aide Theory/Clinical (Britt), Body Structure and Function w/ Lab, Nutrition, Medical Terminology 2, Introduction to Business, Computer Business Applications and Introduction to Accounting. Classes are first come,first serve and some do fill up quickly. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you are interested in taking a summer class.
- JH Track will begin practicing after Spring Break
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- Once JH Track starts after Spring Break
- 4:45pm – Leave Sheffield 4:45
- 5:05pm – Meservey 5:05
- 5:12pm – Thornton 5:12
- 5:20pm – Swaledale 5:20
- 5:27pm – Rockwell 5:27
- The booster club would kindly ask that if you have a red track and field jacket at your house that you return it. We need these items back ASAP. You can return them to the office.
- Drive Wise Drivers Education Upcoming Classes Via Zoom
- February 28th – March 30th
- Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
- April 18th – May 18th
- When: Tuesday and Thursday Nights
- Time: 5 – 8 PM
Please call or stop in the office for more information!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful